Amazon Prime Video Debuts on DISH Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
MY point is that you can watch Amazon Prime on a TV connected to a Joey. Obviously it's streaming to the Joey via the hopper's internet connection.
That would be false. If you took the Joey away, you can still use the Amazon Prime on that tv. It has nothing to do with the hopper or Joey. The Joey doesn’t give the tv internet connectivity.

That would be false. If you took the Joey away, you can still use the Amazon Prime on that tv. It has nothing to do with the hopper or Joey. The Joey doesn’t give the tv internet connectivity.
Sure you can, but why would I want to disconnect the Joey and run another internet connection just to do that? The point was that Prime via the internet can pass through the hopper and joey bypassing the HWS restriction.

Sure you can, but why would I want to disconnect the Joey and run another internet connection just to do that? The point was that Prime via the internet can pass through the hopper and joey bypassing the HWS restriction.
Are you sure your TV isn’t getting its internet via wifi? I know my TV that has a 4K Joey attached to it is.

Reactions: DWS44

No offense, but even if it was passing Internet through the Joey to the Prime App built into your TV somehow (though highly unlikely that is what is happening here), it is MISLEADING to this post to suggest that Prime works on the Joey (which it doesn't) by claiming that your setup somehow supports the statement that "Prime works on a Joey". The point of the discussion wasn't "Can we watch Amazon Prime on a TV connected to a Joey?", it was "Can we watch Amazon Prime on a TV USING a Joey?" ;)

Prime doesn’t pass through the Hopper to the Joey.

Actually it is but you will find very little of it. If you go to Jack Ryan on the Amazon Prime app it will give you Atmos. It must also be the UHD version. That app seems to be the only one that passes Atmos, Netflix which has a ton of Atmos programming does not.
Wow, good to know!!

Has anyone had problems with Prime Video on the Hopper 3? I recently updated to the Hopper 3 and if I select the Amazon Prime app or select channel 301, the screen "Prime Video" shows up on my TV and then Hopper 3 "crashes" and restarts.

FYI, Netflix works without issue and to my knowledge everything else on my Hopper is operating without issue - I can view and record, etc.

Any ideas as to what might be the issue?

Thanks!

Has anyone had problems with Prime Video on the Hopper 3? I recently updated to the Hopper 3 and if I select the Amazon Prime app or select channel 301, the screen "Prime Video" shows up on my TV and then Hopper 3 "crashes" and restarts.

FYI, Netflix works without issue and to my knowledge everything else on my Hopper is operating without issue - I can view and record, etc.

Thanks!
Haven’t had that one with AP, but I would try a reset(if you haven’t already) and I believe there is something like a software reset somewhere in the tools section.

Thanks!

As mentioned in the other thread that you posted to, if you just updated to the H3 in the last day or two, it could be that the Hopper hasn't settled in yet. It usually take a new Hopper install a day or two for all the software to download and start working normally...that's just how they are when new.

Thanks!
Me too, I have had DISH replace the Hopper with new box and still about 15 minutes in the Hopper reboots itself. Its crap

Douglas, the easiest thing to do is get a fire stick. Even Roku offers Amazon Prime. I have both. Roku, in my humble opinion, is better than Fire stick. They are dirt cheap these days. If you don't have available hdmi slot on tv, use a 3 or 4 way hdmi splitter. I use one. No issues.

Amazon in its entirity was having computer problems yesterday, even their server farm was down.
Which for the longest time was a secret that they had this business. I can see why they'd want to keep the fact that they service close to 3/4 of the planet.

The one thing Musk hasn't done . . . yet.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)