Amazon Releases 10 New Pilots Today

Thx DFergie! I enjoyed the Xfiles back in the day so the new Chris Carter pilot us something am looking forward to.

Cheers, k

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The After is SO incredibly bad. Hokey accents and unbelievable actions and lack of actions by the characters. Let's see, you are being chased out of a mansion by 3 guys shooting at you and bimbo #1 says her phone is in the house so you turn around to go get it. Right.

And you wouldn't believe the cliches throughout. Warm hearted fierce looking black guy wrongfully imprisoned for over a decade is risking himself for others and is truly selfless.

Oh yeah, and the worlds worst female cop.

YUCK YUCK YUCK. SWMBO and I want that hour back.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Out with the knives again.

Transparent - woof woof.

Trying to get by with one sexual situation after another with only the flimsiest connection. We developed no connection or interest in any of the clichéd unbelievable characters.

Don't waste your time with this one either. If these two shows are typical of Amazon offerings I don't think I need waste my time further.

Hmmm navychop is such a buzzkill!:D I was going to say thanks for sharing the new pilots,but now I may just pass them up.

Sorry 'bout that. But stinko is stinko. Third rate.

Sorry 'bout that. But stinko is stinko. Third rate.

Well then,perhaps I should thank you for saving me an hour or two of my time.;) It takes something good to keep me interested these days.Don't have time for crap.:D

The After is SO incredibly bad. Hokey accents and unbelievable actions and lack of actions by the characters. Let's see, you are being chased out of a mansion by 3 guys shooting at you and bimbo #1 says her phone is in the house so you turn around to go get it. Right.

And you wouldn't believe the cliches throughout. Warm hearted fierce looking black guy wrongfully imprisoned for over a decade is risking himself for others and is truly selfless.

Oh yeah, and the worlds worst female cop.

YUCK YUCK YUCK. SWMBO and I want that hour back.

I thought the premise was actually pretty good but the execution, well, like you said. I don't expect the acting to be that great on a pilot anyway. The actors haven't had time to flesh out the characters. I only recognized one of the actors as being the one that played a politician on Heroes. The part where they were in the parking garage and stuck at the gate was really lame. I roll-eyed when the scissor-jack came out and trapped bimbo's leg -- like those manual gates have bone-crushing hydraulics on them to begin with. The guy that wrote the script really needed to actually visit a parking garage -- you can't get locked in a parking garage -- the doors open from the INSIDE but not the outside -- just like just about every public building I've been in.

Yep. One of the errors. Of many. Premise did show promise.

I started to watch The After but I didn't get to finish. Yes, the acting is bad, it seemed low budget, and the story has holes. I am interested in how it ends and don't feel like it's a wasted hour. I'll finish it and get to something else.

I am stunned that these two pilots have 4 out of 5 stars rating at Amazon.

I wonder how much the rating determines the production, and how much careful reading of the critiques, and how much the opinions of experts matter.

Those two shows, as is, could not possibly retain viewers. They'd have to make some big changes, including, IMHO, as is so often the case, recasting. But that is nothing new. Make a pilot on the cheap, using cheap actors, and then if it garners interest, recast with a better, more expensive cast. Maybe pitch that at the beginning of the meeting where decisions are made. "Decide on the potential plot lines (lord knows there's a bunch of them), not on the particular actors." Some current cast members may be kept. It's a way to start a career. Wouldn't surprise me if every one of these actors worked straight scale, hoping for a break.

Perhaps Amazon's best bang for the buck may be in children's programming. Often quite cheap to make. I didn't and won't watch any of those. But the drawback is, teaching a kid to use a Roku or such, when channel changing is so much easier.

Teaching a child to run a roku will be a piece of cake navy.My 2 yr. Old grandson can practically run the kindle and even my pc better than I can lol They just seem to have a knack for our push button world.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Understood. But do they want to go to the trouble to shift the system to Roku or just change a channel? Maybe they're more willing to go the extra mile than I realize.

Understood. But do they want to go to the trouble to shift the system to Roku or just change a channel? Maybe they're more willing to go the extra mile than I realize.

Perhaps not all of them,but most of the kids I interact with love to push buttons,see what it will do.Now my daughter was quite the opposite,I still have to help her with tv and pc issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)