Netflix Help

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
i was just watching Netflix and i watching a Lillehammer and how do i change it where it play each episode without do nothing? i though i change it in my settling but its didn't work

i was just watching Netflix and i watching a Lillehammer and how do i change it where it play each episode without do nothing? i though i change it in my settling but its didn't work
Did you add the series to your list?

what does its matter? i don't want to press a button to start each episode everytime, like time i was on Netflix after a episode was over the next would automatically started after a couple seconds but they change it i want it back, yes, it my list

IIRC, mine use to "auto play" but not any more.. never thought about it until now as pushing a button after 50 minutes isnt an issue for me ;)

it use be on "auto play" and i want it back on "auto play" in my setting it setup (Play Next Episode Automatically)

no, but i don't want to have press play after each episode, you don't remember when netfiix use do this?

It must be a setting somewhere. I feel asleep while watching a National Geographic series on prisons.. it kept paying on after the episode ended.

On my Smart TV, Netflix continues playing with a screen in-between and a countdown of about 15 seconds. It also asks after "X" amount of time or episodes, "are you still watching?" Nice! I enjoy having it automatically play. On all my roku's up through the 2XS (newest I have) there is no option for this that I have seen in the Netflix settings. (autoplay). Probably depends on the device's interface.

On my Smart TV, Netflix continues playing with a screen in-between and a countdown of about 15 seconds. It also asks after "X" amount of time or episodes, "are you still watching?" Nice! I enjoy having it automatically play. On all my roku's up through the 2XS (newest I have) there is no option for this that I have seen in the Netflix settings. (autoplay). Probably depends on the device's interface.
that what i am talking about, the other night i watching Lillehammer and they didn't have that 15 countdown anymore and you have manual press play after each episode and i was wondering there was a setting for that because sometimes i need it

From the Netflix website, go to "Your Account", then "Playback Settings", then under "Preferences" select whether or not you want to "Play next episode automatically".

This should import into any device you use. It worked for me. I personally hate the auto play next episode, so I turned it off.

From the Netflix website, go to "Your Account", then "Playback Settings", then under "Preferences" select whether or not you want to "Play next episode automatically".

This should import into any device you use. It worked for me. I personally hate the auto play next episode, so I turned it off.

Thank you for this. I knew about the quality settings in there, it has been awhile since I visited the preferences page & seems like it has changed quite a bit for the better. My wife has the opposite complaint of the op, she doesn't like the auto start for the next episode. It's fixed now.

From the Netflix website, go to "Your Account", then "Playback Settings", then under "Preferences" select whether or not you want to "Play next episode automatically". This should import into any device you use. It worked for me. I personally hate the auto play next episode, so I turned it off.
i already checked that, maybe it work the next time i go on

I'm going to check the setting, but I suspect it's already enabled. I think it used to automatically play the next episode on my Roku (not sure what model - it's the one that Dish gave away about two years ago) but it no longer does. On my Sony BD player, it still works. Not sure how it works on my smart TV (the interface on it is almost identical to the Sony interface).

what in the hell give , i am back on Netflix tonight watching "House Of Cards" and i am back to manual starting each Episode

I think this feature is dependent on which Netflix device you have. I think the setting works for devices with the standard HTML5 Netflix UI that is found on a lot of devices like the Roku, PS3, various Bluray players and smart TVs, etc...

It doesn't seem to work on devices that have a custom Netflix UI like my Apple TV. When I used to use my PS3 for most of my Netflix streaming I remember having this feature. It was nice for marathon sessions when you are home sick or something. I received an Apple TV as a gift a couple years and it has been getting the vast majority of my streaming ever since.

I prefer the Apple TV over using a game console for it's low power usage, cleaner UI, and silent operation. I tried a Roku 2 XD for those same reasons before I received the Apple TV but it didn't play nice with my Onkyo AVR. Everything I streamed with the Roku connected to the Onkyo via HDMI had a weird pinkish tint to it. Connected directly to the TV it looked normal. It also works great for my bedroom TV with no weird tint. The Onkyo doesn't have this issue with any of my other sources. It's just some weird compatibility issue between the Roku and my Onkyo.

The custom Netflix UI on the the Apple TV looks great but it doesn't have the auto-play feature. I suspect that other devices that don't use the standard UI probably don't have it either. It's certainly not a deal breaker for me.