Amazon VOD sale BBCA HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Amazon is competing with the new Apple TV. The difference is that Apple will rent you an episode while Amazon sells the episode for 99 cents.

If they are competing with Apple they are 99 if they are not it is 2.99 for the HD version.

I picked up all seasons of Torchwood and Season 5 of Doctor Who for 94 cents an episode (5% discount if you buy the whole season). Torchwood all 3 seasons was less than $30, Dr who was 12 something.

With Amazon VOD you will need a PC or an approved device like TiVo. I of course have TiVos. You can download any episode any time you want over and over. So, you can download, watch, delete then do it again later when you want to watch again. High speed internet is needed since they are about 5-6mbit/sec MPEG4 (since off line compression much better HD than you think).

I have several series now on Amazon VOD. When I feel like watching an episode, I select it online at amazon.com and it downloads right way to the TiVo. I can usually start watching in less than 5 minutes (I have 15mbit/sec internet). It takes about 20 minutes to dowload completely to my TiVo.

You can also use it on portable devices. You can have 2 regular and 2 portable copies at once checked out. When you delete on the TiVo it checks it back in.

If you like to archive it is hard to beat 94 cents per episode considering you do not need any disk space and no backups.

Yepp, and there new streaming service may be free to Prime members. I love the fact you can OWN this stuff, and Amazon keeps track of it. I can still login and download Supernatural tv shows I bought 3 seasons ago, very cool.

If we dont have BBCAHD next time something good comes on, Ill just download them to the TiVo. Im fixing to start buying episodes of Rubicon, the SD just looks like ass, and will do the same this fall with the AMC zombie flick if Directv doesnt get off their butt.

Id like to see HD drop to $1.99 though, but Ive made up my mind Im about done with SD, even if I have to buy it. The HD tv shows from Amazon look quite good.

Essentially with Amazon VOD you pay 2.99 for the HD episode if you want it the day after broadcast. If you wait until the season is over, then they go into a deeper discount.

Cool, good heads up. Ive generally just bought them when I missed one for whatever reason. My wife missed the first 6 episodes of Rizzoli and Isles, and wanted them so I bought those too.

I may wait till the end of Walking Dead then, and buy the whole season, if Directv does not get it in HD.

I dunno, I just looked back at the House seaons, and they are ALL 1.99 and 2.99 for SD and HD.

I mean 2.99 for Season One, thats a little harsh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts