Amazonas-2 bird launch on 9-29-09

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry to meander off topic, but does anyone remember when Amazonas had that Black Belt TV channel? Very entertaining advertisements. I see they are streaming online now, a la White Springs.

To get back on topic, I'm guessing that this new Amazonas is going to be primarily pointing south, right?

not really , it has ku NA beams but the 10 C band are S America and only cover half of the USA. google Hispasat and you will see all the info on the Spanish Sat operator webpage. in spanish though, but numbers and maps wont be a problem.

I agree HD FAN.

From this link:
Spaceflight Now | Ariane Launch Report | Commercial and military craft share a ride on Ariane 5#

You can tell there were two satellite deployed.

Amazonas2: "Amazonas 2 will be parked in geostationary orbit at 61 degrees West longitude. It can reach from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego."
I have read a lot all over the internet and every single doc I read said that Amazonas-2 is going to be at 61 W (61 O in spanish).

COMSATBw 1: "Constructed around Thales Alenia Space's Spacebus 3000B design, the 5,400-pound craft has four super-high-frequency and five ultra-high-frequency transponders. It will be positioned at 63 degrees East longitude"

From this link:
http://www.hispasat.com/media//maqueta final.pdf

"Amazonas 2" has three footprint maps.

Panamerican Beam - C Band (South-Central-Part of North America)
South American Beam - KU Band
North American Beam - KU Band

The question that I belive still remain is wich TV Channels are going to be where? (on wich beam?)

And when it will operational?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)