Amazonas-2 bird launch on 9-29-09

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The North America KU footprint for Amazona 2.

Attachments

• Amazona 2 61W North America Circular KU.jpg
    Amazona 2 61W North America Circular KU.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:
Any ideas of what's gonna be on this sat? Too soon to know I'm guessing..

But I'll take a guess anyway, It's gonna have 3 church channels, 7 foreign channels, and 150 encrypted channels.. lol
"You know that was funny" don't lie.. lol!

Amazonas 2: What do you know about this bird?

According to lyngsat Amazonas 2 was schedule to be lunched on:
Next: Amazonas 2 at 21:59 UTC on 1 October

This has:
http://www.lyngsat.com/amazonas1.html54 Ku tps and 10 C tps

How can I reach this sat? What I have found is that it is going to be at 61.0°W. Is this going to replace Amazonas 1????........

Is this sat already operational?????........

more info:

Did you read this recent thread on SatGuy's ?

HISPASAT's Amazonas 2 will ride as the upper payload on Ariane 5's next flight - scheduled later this month - while the German COMSATBw-1 military communications satellite is to be positioned below it as the lower satellite passenger in the payload "stack."

With a liftoff mass of approximately 5,500 kg., Amazonas 2 is to operate from a final orbital slot of 61 deg. West. This satellite will provide the Spanish-based HISPASAT telecommunications operator with relay capacity over the Americas, with its coverage area extending from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego.
. . . found here

Yes I did

Yes, of course I did. Still there is nothing about the current status of the sat. They talk about the future lunch of sat however a the present time this sat is suppose to be already lunched that is what I am asking about.

They even talk about not been sure if this sat is KU Linear or Circular polarization, well on the link they have in that post there is document in Spanish. I do not see anywhere in that doc that said anything about circular. Still I am not sure exactly what kind of polarization this sat has.

Still I hope to receive more up to date news about this sat if you are kind enough to pass me on that info.

From the same site...

Constructed around Thales Alenia Space's Spacebus 3000B design, the 5,400-pound craft has four super-high-frequency and five ultra-high-frequency transponders. It will be positioned at 63 degrees East longitude.

Amazonas 1 hasnt been up there that long.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts