AMC 18 @ 105

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PANHANDLER

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
Western NY , Fredonia
I am haveing a very hard time locking on AMC18. I am not getting a single blip from this one . Does anyone have a good strong fr and sr that mite help me .I am possitve my 7.5 dish is looking right at it , i wonder if it is even possiable to catch this bird with a 7.5 ' . :(

Thanks in advance
Dan

it can be recieved with a 7 1/2 footer. I get it with the 6 footer

Issue is all TP's are either DCII or a couple are DVB-S2. I see you have an azbox so that would help lock those S2 feeds on there

What I do is aim for 107.3W and lock a feed there. Then move the dish until the signal leaves. Usually I am very close to 105 then

Good idea Iceberg . I find it fairly accurate to find sats by going to the highest and lowest also . Sense i'm useing the Gbox for my positioner and have my 3500 looped to the azbox .So on the Az box i get a 72% Q on AMC1 103 with 144 clicks on the gbox also 88% on Anik F1 107.3 @ 177 clicks , so when i do the math 105 should be at 160-161 clicks . I'm on lyngsat putting in several fr's and still not a blip i'll keep tyrying , i love a challange .

Just to update , i know possitivly i am on 105 . I just scanned in AMC15 KU on the pansat and wrote down the fr and sr ( Macy's network ), then went to the azbox and plugged them in and got a lock on amc15 @ 105 , but still no luck with AMC 18 .I must not be useing the correct fr"s . What i'm going to try next is add 1 and subtract 1 from the fr's that i think should work .

Last edited:
that's the one orphan satellite in my arch (137-87 C Band), never been able to get anything with the 10 footer, but I don't have a DVB-S2 or Digicipher receiver though

my 7.5' gets the s2 tp's fine. they come in the 70's on a pansat 9200HD.

If you don't mind truckracer, could you post which TP's you found on the 105w C-band please? I tried to scan it today and only got 2 bleedover channels from the 103w. I might try what Iceberg suggested about tuning to the 107 and navigating from there.

I can't get the S2 TPs (haven't tried the DCII) with a 6 foot fixed dish in (SF) CA with a Diamond 9000. I tried the same tuning technique as Iceberg as 107 C-Band booms in for me. I am considering going to an 8 foot dish but will try DCII 1st. I'll try to keep ya'll posted.

I am still haveing no luck catching a signal on AMC 18 , now i'm wondering if my switch went south on me .I should be getting something on 7.5' . I'll have to wait till the snow melts abit to swap it out .

I finnaly found the time to experiment with AMC 18 , and am glad to say i got this one nailed down . The simplest answer is usually the best . I went back to Lyngsat and tried again .
On the Azbox
TP 3780
SR 30000
DVB-S2/8PSK
5/6
Pilot on

Guess i need to play with the azbox a bit more.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)