AMC 21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Coolsat 7100/7000 is just like a Visionsat except with an internal buffer so it ** should** work the same

... Looks like the Visionsat records HD better than many of the HD receivers...

Recording the TS is not very CPU intensive. I'm guessing that since a SD box cannot display the HD or 4.2.2 video, that it doesn't have to waste CPU time displaying the video, so that may well be a SD box might actually be better suited for recording such things, as sometimes the HD boxes that are using considerable CPU time displaying the video being recorded have hiccups trying to do both things at once.

Recording the TS is not very CPU intensive. I'm guessing that since a SD box cannot display the HD or 4.2.2 video, that it doesn't have to waste CPU time displaying the video, so that may well be a SD box might actually be better suited for recording such things, as sometimes the HD boxes that are using considerable CPU time displaying the video being recorded have hiccups trying to do both things at once.

Agreed, that was my hypothesis exactly. Since there is no need to decompress the stream to view it, those CPU cycles can be dedicated to the recording process. The fact that USB2 can handle that data rate without a hiccup was somewhat surprising, and the Class 4 SDHC card handling that data rate was very surprising.

I recently replaced a universal lnbf and a dbs lnbf on my Fortec 90 cm ku dish with an Invacom QPH-031 lnbf. Before, I couldn't lock the Louisiana Public Broadcasting DVB-S2 signal on AMC 21. With the Invacom, it comes in fine.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts