AMC 3 - 4043 Radio mux

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
I hate to be a bug but I'm at work and I have to catch IRN at 2:30 eastern and our receiver is showing red. Could anyone check the radio mux to see if it's us or them?? Thanks

4043 Mhz Horizontal (DVB)

The mux is coming in fine. I don't know what pid IRN is, so I can't say if it is broadcasting or not.

Could anyone scan the horizontal side of AMC-3 c-band again today and see if that radio mux exists? (on the horizontal, not vertical side)

I had to bring in my Coolsat to test our situation over here at work and the mux reported Vertical with a completely different symbol rate. I'm completely lost.

I'm receiving the radio mux fine at 4043 H 7140.
There is greyhound racing on 4043 V 3023 at this time.

i can get the tp signal as green on my coolsat 5000 but can't get the ststion to scan in
it does fine on my traxis 3500 scans right in .. now my coolsat 5000 has crashed and reboots all the time . up until this last few months i would have said coolsat was one of the top receivers but this is the second one to go out on me in the last month. they just don't hold up both of my units are less than a year old.

but getting back to the station i wasn't able to see if i could manually store the channel via the APID but it ( the coolsat 5000 ) did see a live transponder ( before it croked)
I didn't see a IRN on the Traxis but saw 16 radio channels on that TP

I hate to be a bug but I'm at work and I have to catch IRN at 2:30 eastern and our receiver is showing red. Could anyone check the radio mux to see if it's us or them?? Thanks

4043 Mhz Horizontal (DVB)

Are you using the Unity 4000 at your radiostation to pull in IRN or a FTA receiver?

If your using the Unity 4k try tuning another channel in the Mux such as MB1 etc and see if you get audio... that would show that its not the receiver but an issue with IRN.

Yes, it;s a Unity 4k but it's showing a dead carrier and I'm trying to troubleshoot all sorts of things like frequency, symbol rate, FEC and stuff.

I think the receiver is cooked.

Yes, it;s a Unity 4k but it's showing a dead carrier and I'm trying to troubleshoot all sorts of things like frequency, symbol rate, FEC and stuff.

I think the receiver is cooked.

Could be -- you could test by hooking up a FTA receiver to your LNBF and see if you can tune anything on 87 degrees.

since your dealing with a Unity 4k which is what the Christian programming on that bird uses you may want to join up on the CRTech.org - Christian Radio Tech CRTech mailing list for some ideas.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)