AMC-3 C-Band RTV on 3800

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I thought that Antenna TV was encrypted. What satellite are they on?

It's not encrypted if your are an Antenna TV affiliate. ;)

Going back to on-topic, RTV's Ku-band feed is still there as of the early morning hours of September 8th, EDT. Good to know that just like the American flags at Fort McHenry in 1814 and Ground Zero in 2001, it's still there. ;)

Well, I used to work in the building back in 1980 that WKRP is in and I don't think you guys have room to put a large cband dish in whats left of the grassy area there. I can't get the stuff on 87w RTV as it is now with an 8 footer...just too weak. 137W is shooting thru the trees across the road so not a good option there. Maybe this fall after the leaves fall. I guess its OTA on WKRP for me or nothing. Blind

Well, I used to work in the building back in 1980 that WKRP is in and I don't think you guys have room to put a large cband dish in whats left of the grassy area there. I can't get the stuff on 87w RTV as it is now with an 8 footer...just too weak. 137W is shooting thru the trees across the road so not a good option there. Maybe this fall after the leaves fall. I guess its OTA on WKRP for me or nothing. Blind

I think you are thinking of someone else, we have a satellite farm in the back with 8 dishes, but we want to located the new dish at our tower site, thus no fiber or microwave to get it back to the station.Our studio is located in Roselawn part of Cincinnati, just east of I-75, and south of Ronald Regan highway. Here is a link to photos of our building PhotosWKRP | WKRP
I still have here nothing abut when the Ku feed will go away.
dishes.jpg

WKRP is on Reinhold Dr on the left side if it's the building I remember. I don't think there were any buildings to the right just an open grassy area. Maybe its was more grass than I remember. I hope whoever eventually buys the station from Elliott keeps the good selection of OTA channels. The folks here should look at the pics you posted as it is a nice setup. I could see it in my backyard lol... Thanks Blind

Ku TV report

It's not encrypted if your are an Antenna TV affiliate. ;)

Going back to on-topic, RTV's Ku-band feed is still there as of the early morning hours of September 8th, EDT. Good to know that just like the American flags at Fort McHenry in 1814 and Ground Zero in 2001, it's still there. ;)

A buddy of mine that also carries RTV via Ku up in Mi, He talked to someone named Tony at RTV and he said the Ku feed will stay indefinitely for now, I guess that is good news!.
They should drop all the redundant mpg. 4 feeds on AMC 3 and put up a Mpg. 2 feed for both east and west coast, Me TV does and I have no problem getting it on my 10' dish. Just a thought.

They should drop all the redundant mpg. 4 feeds on AMC 3 and put up a Mpg. 2 feed for both east and west coast, Me TV does and I have no problem getting it on my 10' dish. Just a thought.

Most of those feeds on 87W USE to be customized for the markets that offered it. Until this summer there were customized feeds because other stations int he market held the rights to some programs. This summer RTV went with a blanket programming across the board so the only difference on those are commercials and ID's

Glad to hear they are staying on KU for now :)

A buddy of mine that also carries RTV via Ku up in Mi, He talked to someone named Tony at RTV and he said the Ku feed will stay indefinitely for now, I guess that is good news!.

What RTV really needs to do is transmit a standard resolution and back off on the compression. The picture is HORRIBLE....
This is 2011 not 1930!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)