AMC 4 101.0W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Musher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Any body having trouble with some channels.
Tps 12033 H 3003 SL 85% SQ 50% but many others don't come in like
12060 H 26700 SL 40% SQ 0% but during the day somewhat OK but at night nothing.

Musher

all TRP's working fine here in Minnesota
12060 is low (45) but the rest are between 80-90 on the GeosatPro

Ok then I need to look into it deeper. I do get 3ABN fine too on the Dynamic but its been like this since I went from the fixed setup to the motorized setup. The fixed setup was 89-97-101 but 89 and 97 are coming in lower too and some tps on 97 don't come it at all now like 12084 V 22000 and 12115 V 22425 even bumping sometimes helps. Almost thinking of going back to the fixed setup. Iliked watching Al Kass for its sports but now it if'y at best.
Musher

Last edited:
Musher, it appears your motor/dish needs fine tuning but also consider the damaged AMC-4 transition to SES-1. We will likely experience some strange effects during the next few weeks and for the 97W, those signals are like a handfull of spaghetti noodles dropped on the kitchen floor.

The combination of all the issues make this a tough one for many so hang in there and hope for the best. Just to give you an idea, I recently reaimed a dish for a friend, from 101W to 97W. When I peaked the QS on 11842 @ 83% I lost signal on a few others, when I finally found a common average position for all frequencies, the QS on 11842 was 54% QS, what a loss to sacrifice!!! There seems to be just enough to get by on.

IMO, I think the G-19 (97W) satellite engineer's need to go to school again or stop drinking so much coffee. :eek:

Well I checked the setup and it was leaning forward so is was no longer plumb. So I put some shims under the temp mount that it is on and almost all SQ came back up even on 101 History is now at 60%. Will check back later in the day and tonight also. Its been so windy here in SE Wisconsin haven't been able to get back on the roof to re-plumb that mount.
Can't wait till SES-1 comes online soon. Wonder if that will help with SQ?

Musher

Can't wait till SES-1 comes online soon. Wonder if that will help with SQ?

Musher

maybe. We dont know right now but all that has been posted is that signal is "good" in US & Canada. Its when you are in Central America does it drop off (according to reports)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)