Status
Please reply by conversation.

carlospr43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
US
Hi there
is there anyone having issues with this TP??? I lost History and Biography channels since yesterday!!

I am in South Texas and I have lost History & Biography. All other TPs on AMC 4 seem to be just as strong as always. We have had high winds for a few days and I thought my dish might be off course, but after reading this thread and some threads on other forums, other FTAers are having same problem.

They fade almost every afternoon here - guess it's still a get what you pay for world :)
I assumed it has to do with the bird's footprint - anyone have a better explanation?

Yes,

TP 12060 H on AMC 4 is experiencing some problems. I typically receive it at 88-94% quality on my AZBox and it has dropped to 49-50%.

This sent me on a sort of wild goose chase earlier today as I thought that the storm we had locally had messed with my dish and tripod again. I took my SuperBuddy meter out to the dish and detected 65-67% quality. I normally receive a lot better than this, usually 94-96% on the Superbuddy.

I know that my dish was not well aligned since the storm before this one screwed with my tripod and I didn't really get it set back the way I originally had it, so I was still a little offset in the azimuth field, but doggone if I didn't try every angle and piddle with it until I could tell that it wasn't doing me any good. It was maxed out as best as I could possibly achieve. Then I switched my meter to a couple of other TPs on the same sat and they were all at 80%, 87%, 98%, 99% and 100%!

I went inside and checked this on my AZBox receiver and sure enough, all those other TPs were reading way high and 12060 H was reading extremely low (49% on the AZBox). I double checked all my other sats and they were all up to snuff, reading as good and as high as I usually or ever have.

It is very strange, as I wrote up a post just a couple hours ago addressing this very issue, even the title of my post was nearly identical to this one, but when I went to submit it, my connection with the site was lost! I couldn't get on any site, not Google, not Yahoo, not my weather (NWS) service, everything was dead! I thought it might have been my router, my modem or my WildBlue dish/tria... I tried everything possible to reset it to no avail. Then I called my WB tech support and got an automated message that WB was down in my area.

This occurred around 4-5 pm (CDT). Obviously it is back up now, but it really had me wondering! It was just the other day that I read something on APOD about increased solar activity. They even had a pix of a huge solar prominence from Tuesday or Wednesday. Not to be a conspiracy sort of guy, but it sure got me thinking!

The decline of the signal from 12060 H on AMC 4 is definitely real. What is causing it, I cannot say, but it is definitely a legitimate problem that is beyond our home receiving stations. All the other TPs on this sat are fine, as far as I can tell so far. My other sats are also fine.

RADAR

Last edited:
This is the same stuff that happened last year. That transponder is shot and looses it's signal every evening. Last summer it would be down for hours before recovering. Hopefully this issue will be over with when they get the new bird online.

strong Q in the AM

Yes, 12060 is strong now with S&Q at 91% & 83% here in L.A. area.

This is with a Coosat 7100, 36" WSI motorized dish & DMX522 lnb.

If it follows the pattern for last year it will be strong in the morning get weak in late afternoon, gone in the evening. Then come back after midnight.

Yup. it must be. I think I remember the low signals from last year. I was getting 75% quality.
Now mine gets up to about 55% in the morning. and 28-30% at other times. Pixellates at 27%.
It better be working when pawn stars is on. lol or I will get a bigger dish!

History & Bio now have purchased RTV's old equipment. LOL! RTV said, sure it still works great. hee hee...

I still get both all day and night with a SQ of 70 to 75 on the coolsat 6000 and a 90 cm 3abn dish. Only time they drop out is during a heavy rain storm. I also like Pawn Stars and American Pickers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)