AMC 4 aiming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WyrTwister

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
AMC 4 is at 101 degrees ?

Can I put a circular LNB on my 30" dish & use my DTV receiver to aim at DTV 101 , & then trade out to the Linear LNB & be pointed correctly at AMC 4 ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

YES! Great Idea, I have used this method once or twice, Peak the signal the best you can and you should be right on AMC 4, if you hurry you can catch the Chuck Harder show, its a repeat today : (

Remember you need to set your L.O. to 11250 for a dbs LNB, then change it back when you replace with ku LNB, and reset your L.O. to 10750 for the standard Ku LNB.

Here how the polerization works with a dbs LNB

H / V = KU
L / R = DBS

PSB said:
Remember you need to set your L.O. to 11250 for a dbs LNB, then change it back when you replace with ku LNB, and reset your L.O. to 10750 for the standard Ku LNB.

Here how the polerization works with a dbs LNB

H / V = KU
L / R = DBS

Pete
He was going to use his DirectTv receiver to get pick up 101, then swap out everything...won't have to change any settings :)

Whoops, yes I now see that, I will leave the details there in case it helps someone without a DirecTV receiver!

hello, everyone, my new and I need some help on pointing my dish, I'm looking for dishnet 119 and 110, can someone help me please.

yes I am here.....

When someone asks "hello, everyone, my new and I need some help on pointing my dish, I'm looking for dishnet 119 and 110, can someone help me please." I usually take it as a hacker.

There are only a couple of FTA channels on 119 and only a couple of barkers on 110.

So I'll ask why you want to get these? What receievr do you have? Need more info so I can help troubleshoot..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)