amc 6 ku band satellite not coming in?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skyscanner4ever

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Beaumont,Texas
Ok I am currently scanning the arc from 83 to 125. Using a pansat 3500 until my geosat prohd comes in. Today or tomorrow hopefully! Anyhow I am getting around 40 q on rtv channel on 83 and am getting some low 60's on the pbs channels on 125. from 87 to 107.3 I am hitting alot of 90's and mostly high 80's so I am guessing I am pretty well in the arc, really I am hoping the geosat pro hd will tune in my rtv a bit more since I heard the tuner is second to none. Weird thing is I can not find 72! my usals is a little off and I am manually tuning in the sats with the 1.2 option because we all know usals isnt always right on the money, however I have added the strong tps on 72 and went out there and move east and west and cant find a signal at all! Trees are not in the way and The way I look at it is if 93 is my south sat and I am getting 123 and 125 decently out east shouldnt I be able to hit 72? I mean if I was not in the arc that well shouldnt I be missing 125 coming all the way from my due south sat of 93? This tuner is acting a little strange too, I used to use a 2700 and never had this problem, but on a lot of tps the signal is jumping constantly on quality, like it may be going from 55-75? Before it seems it only jumped when I was low like 10 pct and it would jump to 99 as an error.

It is a shame 74 and 79 are gone! I used to love those two.

if I am getting 40 q on the rtv channels with a pansat 3500 do you think the geosat pro will possibly get up to a 50 or so?

I forgot...how do you have your setup....is it on top of your house or out in the yard on a pole? If it's out in the yard, I'd still get out there and tweak it some more. Your quality on RTV should be the same as mine, according to the footprint for AMC9, which is 70%. I bet you anything if you could get the quality up to 70% on that one, you'll be able to hit 72W. Assuming that the pole is perfectly plumb, as well as the motor's mount, it could be as simple as the elevation of the dish.

When you get your microHD, I've found the USALS works perfectly for me (except for Satmex 5, but that's a whole other monster).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)