AMC-9 -- A little help?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotwire132002

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2004
I'm trying to point my dish at AMC-9--with only one small issue:

My Pansat 2500A doesn't list AMC-9 as a satellite on the setup menu!

I assume I have to program it in or something, can someone help me out here? What do I do?

I am not sure on the 2500A BUT it seems to be a VERY pop receiver so I am sure others will chime in.

Some numbers for the different trans can be gotten at
http://www.lyngsat.com/amc9.html

For pointing the dish try.
There is a Java program, http://www.arachnoid.com/satfinder/, that finds cords for sats. Of course you need java to run it. A printout can be obtained by using cut/paste and notepad/wordpad. This printout, along with a good compass, will insure you are on the right sat. Also check your LNB skew(twis)

or try

http://www.csgnetwork.com/antennasatelazposcalc.html

hotwire132002 said:

I assume I have to program it in or something, can someone help me out here? What do I do?

hotwire132002 said:

Adding New Satellites in the Pansat 2500A Digital Satellite Recevier

1) Turn the receiver’s power ON.
2) Press the “MENU” button.
3) Go to “INSTALLATION” & press the “OK” button.
4) Go to “EDIT TP/SATELLITE” & press the “OK” button.
5) Using the “CHANNEL” buttons you can scroll either up or down to find the satellite with the word “NEW” and then press the “OK” button.
6) Letters and symbols will appear on the screen. Enter the name of the new satellite using these letters and symbols. (You can move around the letters & symbols using the “VOLUME” buttons) *** Whenever you choose a letter or symbol, press the “OK” button and it will appear at the bottom of the screen. ***
7) When you have finished entering the name of the satellite, go to the bottom of the letters and symbols and highlight the word “OK” and then also press the “OK” button on your remote control.
8) Enter the frequency, symbol rate, and polarity and then press the “OK” button.
9) Once you have entered all the information, press the “EXIT” button.
10) Go back to the “INSTALLATION” menu and choose “ANTENNA SETUP”.
11) Find the new satellite and press the “OK” button.
12) As soon as you have acquired a strong “QUALITY” signal, scroll down to “SATELLITE SCAN” and press the “OK” button.
13) When the receiver has completed scanning it will highlight the last channel found in the list.
14) Press the “EXIT” button four times or until you exit al the different used options of the main menu.
15) Press the “OK” button and the channel list will appear.
16) Choose the channel you are interested in by scrolling up or down using the “CHANNEL” buttons in the remote.
(From The Pansat website) :rolleyes:

TBI said:
Adding New Satellites in the Pansat 2500A Digital Satellite Recevier

(From The Pansat website) :rolleyes:

I should've thought to look there first :rolleyes:

SBS6 & AMC9 aren't listed in the Pansat's.

Another way is if you dont use C-Band, just re-use one of the C-Band satellites

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)