AMC 9 at 83.0

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Lyngsat maps take with a grain of salt as they may not be 100% accurate

If you have the dish available to aim, try it. Whats the worst thing that can happen? It doesnt come in? ;)

Yep, Puerto Rico was not loved in 2003 when AMC-9 went up. ;)

the last contour line of the AMC-9 Ku-band footprint on SES Americom's site (40 E.I.R.P.) falls north of Puerto Rico.

I don't have enough info to figure out how big of dish one would need to have a shot at AMC-9 in puerto rico, so I suppose you could try a 10-12' dish on it and see what happens. It would be funny if one had to resort to a five meter dish to collect enough signal to get a signal lock in P.R.

Why is Rtn's signal so low as compared to others on Amc-9. Do you think they will ever boost it up?

Why is Rtn's signal so low as compared to others on Amc-9. Do you think they will ever boost it up?

They are working on a shoestring budget. They have boosted the power already. My 90cm has been solid as a rock since then.

yeah same here. The 76cm dish use to be at 66-67 max (with 63 threshold)...now its 73 and solid even in not so good weather

I've been having trouble with it the last few days. I am blaming it on the weather. The Traxis gets it at 71, but it isn't stable, the Quali TV gets it at about 63 and was coming in great until day before yesterday. I haven't checked today. Guess I'll do it after the hockey game.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts