AMC 9 - Viewsat 9000 HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bluemaxxx

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
Hello to all:
I have a Viewsat 9000 HD. Using my Birdog I nailed down AMC 9.
Went to scan this bird in - guess what - no AMC 9 in the satellite list within the Viewsat 9000 HD.

Is there a file available to download to add this AMC 9 to the list?

Or?

Thanks.
:)

Just add the Sat Manually, add the TP info, and scan.
Or pick and existing, unused Sat, rename, change it's USALS position, add new TP, delete unused TPs, then scan.

Still working on it - raining last cuople days etc.
I will post results asap.

The add-sat feature is pretty well hidden on the viewsats. I used an Ultra for awhile, I believe you push menu on the remote, then go over to the 2nd option on right (Channel scan), hit enter.
Scroll down to the bottom where it hi-lights the last line of symbols, then you scroll right to the one that says Add Sat, enter again, then save it. Will have a generic name, then you can go back thru the same menus again and scroll right to find "Rename Sat". That's from memory, should get you close to fixing it. Then its just a matter of satellite setup, setting the lo freq, diseqc port# , etc.

turbosat:
Yea your on the money there.
Used the Birdog a couple days back - I have replied to another post regarding AMC9 83.0 W also - hoping to receive direction on a basic antenna set up list for the free birds up there and then work from there.:)

If you're using a standard linear lnbf, just set lnb power to On, LO Freq to 10750, 22khz off if you're not using a 3x4 multi-switch for multiple lnbfs, and set the port number for the Diseqc switch, if you have one of them in use. Same for all the linear sats, just have to do each, one at a time, but once it's set you're done. Except for scanning away!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts