AMC-HD?

Any chance of Dish getting AMC-HD in time for the hew season of Mad Men next week?
AMC is part of Rainbow media, majority owner of the now defunct Voom Network, with whom Dish is now tied into a lawsuit. So, highly doubtful.

Not only that, but Rainbow seems unwilling to give ANY of their channels up to potential competitors to Cablevision. Uverse and Fios also lack AMC and IFC, not to mention MSG HD. Verizon is suing over this issue (at least in regard to MSG).

However, cablevision has no trouble with fellow cable operators who don't compete, like Comcast and Time Warner.

Suck indeed...I can't believe I had a channel on Comcast that I won't be able to get w/ Dish when I return to subbing with them.

Damn the whole Voom debacle--I wish that hadn't flamed out! Double dammit that I'm not going to see my Mad Men in HD!

comcast has it i HD but tey comcastickly suck

Actually, in Skokie, IL, they weren't too bad. Service was stable/good (esp in the terrible storms we experienced the last 8 mo), PQ was alright. Hilight was great OnDemand offerings, the suck was the hardware/interface (about 8 yrs behind, antiquated feeling).

I wish Dish would get some decent on demand system/content together to match the big cableco's, and, of course, AMC-HD...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts