AMC1 and AMC4 at the same time

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nasko

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
I was playing with my dish and aiming to AMC4. When I did a blind scan I was surprised to find that I get signals from both AMC-4 and AMC-1.
How is this possible? I got only one standard LNBF.

Attachments

• KTEL.JPG
    KTEL.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 233
  • PENTAGON.JPG
    PENTAGON.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 233
Maybe you are right between them (102w), I have trouble sometimes pointing to G3C as I sometimes land on IA5 even when I use the satellite identification meter I have, about all you can do is go for the weakest transponder on each satellite and point at that, thats a weird one : )

Cool, but the real question is do you have enough quality reading on those transponders from each satellite for a stable signal? :)

Your dish size and location could play into it. It is my understanding for ku signals the larger the dish the aiming has to be more precise or you do bring in more than one satellite. Plus, from my own experience here in w. tx. at 102, the further east or west I try to go the less I have to move my 90cm dish due to the angles involved, etc.

Like Pete, a lot of times when I try to aim at g10 at 123, I actually hit 121 due to the stronger signal on meter, so all I have to do is just barely bump my dish to bring in g10.

PSB What satellite use?

PSB What satellite meter you use to find satellite signal? do you have trouble finding sbs6?

how long does it take you to install a motorized dish? for me its 3hrs. 1hr setting it up onsite and the rest is tuning. have to find get the strongest transponder on the true south then the rest should be easy right?

Every job and customer is different, some installs take 3-4 hours finding the satellite takes about 30 seconds (if on data list) about 5 mins to fine tune, and the rest is cabling, GROUNDING and dealing with the customer. Some homes are the size of a castle some are shacks, there is no way to put a time on it, you cant rush quality.

it is very possible to pick up 2 satellites 2 degrees apart. When Ive done scans for G3, I'll sometimes get TP's fro IA6. I get no signal quality on the IA6 transponders, though :)

avex said:
how long does it take you to install a motorized dish? for me its 3hrs. 1hr setting it up onsite and the rest is tuning. have to find get the strongest transponder on the true south then the rest should be easy right?

When Pete did my motor install, it took a couple hours. The pole I had wasn;t long enough, so we had to replace that and mostly it was fine tuning. In MN, the true south is IA6, so its no too bad when tuning :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts