AMC4 Problems - Need Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcbag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
Tennessee
I have a stationary dish for the Advintist channels on AMC4. I have 2 dishes and 3 coolsat receivers. I have lost signal on both dishes, and can not get signal back, this has happened before, but I've never had much of a problem with relignment. I can't even get any red bars at all. Any help would be much appreciated.

Try removing any / all switches, so you are running a cable straight from the receiver to the LNB.
Also try a Hard Reboot(unplug)

If you have have verified that there is no alignment problems, I would do a blind scan, though it seems to be a rare problem but I have had 3 LNB's that the frequency drifted. A re-scan always found the channels again but at a different frequency. I'm not saying that is the problem but possible.

I have taken a receiver & TV to dish site so of course unit was powered on & off then. I also did that before going to the dish.

If you have have verified that there is no alignment problems, I would do a blind scan, though it seems to be a rare problem but I have had 3 LNB's that the frequency drifted. A re-scan always found the channels again but at a different frequency. I'm not saying that is the problem but possible.

I've had that same issue many times, seems like it happened mostly after a power outage. I did not think to redo a scan before I went to the dish to make changes.
I did put the larger dish back to year ago settings the best I could and left it, so yesterday I turn receiver on just to check and I had 78 signal on 3abn, 69 on llbn, but only 60 with break-ups on hope. I believe I can now fine turn and get this back to where it needs to be.
Today I believe I need to try a different LNB on the other dish, any other suggestions?

This always works for me....
1. Factory reset (a real pain I know!)
2. Put back in your settings and LNB Info & don't forget to grab your clock time!
3. Re-scan your satellites again
Works like a charm!!

Seems like when my channels go it is always the STB that needs a brain reset and not dish, switches!

I have cranked around with the dish alignment before thinking that the wind blew it out of adjustment to find out that it is just the receiver that is the problem!

Better to try this first than get the ladder out and go climbing! :)

I did find my problem was bad cables from dish, was underground in conduit. I had 3 lines, only 1 is still good. I had to loop all 3 receivers together. So now I have 97% quality on the Coolsat 6000 and 82% on the Coolsat 4000 & 5000 for 3ABN. Thanks to those who responded to my problem.

cool. glad it was simple...too bad it involves new cables underground

It will be a while before I run new cable,50 feet or so. I don't like to have 3 receiver looped together, but will have to do for now. My wife is happy & thats what matters.

Do you have 3 boxes on AMC4 only?

If so, since most is on the same polarity, just get a high frequency splitter (up to 2200mhz)..then you dont need to use the loop out.

How were the 3 cables hooked up originally?

Do you have 3 boxes on AMC4 only?

If so, since most is on the same polarity, just get a high frequency splitter (up to 2200mhz)..then you dont need to use the loop out.

How were the 3 cables hooked up originally?

Originally I had 1 receiver to a 36" dish, then I had 2 receivers to an old channel master 1 meter dish, 1 receiver was looped out from the other. My future thoughts were to use the 36" for G10. So I was only using 2 lines into the house. I did know 1 of the lines was bad. Years ago when I did all this I thought by runing an extra line and putting it all in conduit I would never have and issue. Where I live I can't do anything close to the house because of line of sight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)