AMC4 question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dplus

Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
I would like to see the Free to air channels on AMC-4. I have a dtv LNB. This LNB seems not to work for this sat since my LNB is circular polarization and AMC-4 is linear feed. What kind of LNB do I need to get this sat? Could you please provide me with model or how to look for it?

Thanks all

Standard or Universal

Thanks for the advice. I'm assuming that I have to look for the standard not the universal. Is it correct?

Standard or Universal will work, Universal will get you one more channel (Cubavision, great for baseball and latin music) but it cant be used with a signal meter. A standard will work for around 99% of the KU channels, most folks just have a standard.

Standard KU LNBF L.O.=10750
UNiversal KU LNBF= 09750-10600

Pas-9

Actually, I'm trying to see a channel called 3ABN. This channel is also in Pas-9. Here is the parameters shown for this channel.

3ABN on AMC-4:
KU Band
Position: 101° West
Transponder: 6
Frequency: 11,822 MHz
Polarity: Horizontal
Symbol rate: 5.700 Ms/s
F.E.C.: 2/3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3ABN on PAS-9:
C Band
Position: 58° West
Transponder: 11-C
Frequency: 3,933 MHz
Polarity: Vertical
Symbol rate: 7.000 Ms/s
F.E.C.: 3/4

So if I want to get the channel on Pas-9 I also need to get the Universal Ku LNBF?

By the way, how do you know when a sat is using High or Low band Ku? (I want to learn, if you have something I can read to understand more about LNB's, Sats, etc. I appreciate your info.)

Thanks

For C band you need a C-band system (BIG DISH) so no the Universal LNB will not work for your Pas-9 channel.

Universal LNBF Bands.

10.750-11.700 Low/ 11.700-12.750 Hi

http://www.geo-orbit.org

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)