OTHER DC2 DSR receiver question

arlo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2016
North Eastern
It completely escapes me but a member mentioned a thread for the DSR receivers.
For me the occasional modes. FP, etc.??? That are enabled on these receivers may not be worth the investment.
I've seen the occasional free preview pay channel weeks on my E2 receiver at times.
And at times posts of channels open but needing a DC+ receiver to watch them.

I have a few leads on some idle headend receivers as are mentioned here.

I need to find out a few things. I see none of them have HDMI outs. But maybe an output for composite video for a rack monitor. I think.
All have multiple Ethernet outputs.
So how are you guys watching video from them?
I'd like to get a handle on how a headend would distribute the stream to its subs.
Mostly though wondering how you take the stream output and view it at your place.
And if you took one of these receivers and wanted an HDMI output. Is there a piece of peripheral equipment you would stack in the rack?
It's CATV stuff and a bit advanced. I've breezed through a few of the suggested receiver manuals.
Something having one in person and a learning curve to use it is always better than just reading about it.
Also. Am I under the assumption that the only receive one transponder on one satellite at a time?
Very very fuzzy on multicast and all of that.
Probably leaving a few thing out. Just very interested to find out.

It completely escapes me but a member mentioned a thread for the DSR receivers.
For me the occasional modes. FP, etc.??? That are enabled on these receivers may not be worth the investment.
I've seen the occasional free preview pay channel weeks on my E2 receiver at times.
And at times posts of channels open but needing a DC+ receiver to watch them.

I have a few leads on some idle headend receivers as are mentioned here.

I need to find out a few things. I see none of them have HDMI outs. But maybe an output for composite video for a rack monitor. I think.
All have multiple Ethernet outputs.
So how are you guys watching video from them?
I'd like to get a handle on how a headend would distribute the stream to its subs.
Mostly though wondering how you take the stream output and view it at your place.
And if you took one of these receivers and wanted an HDMI output. Is there a piece of peripheral equipment you would stack in the rack?
It's CATV stuff and a bit advanced. I've breezed through a few of the suggested receiver manuals.
Something having one in person and a learning curve to use it is always better than just reading about it.
Also. Am I under the assumption that the only receive one transponder on one satellite at a time?
Very very fuzzy on multicast and all of that.
Probably leaving a few thing out. Just very interested to find out.

This one?