AMC9 on SV360p

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shmew22

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
Kentucky
So i decided id swing my dish over to 83w to check out tuff tv and see what it was about... Had to enter the sat and Transponder info manually of course and proceeded to line up my dish. Got my elevation/skew/AZ all set and my signal meter will constantly jump anywhere between 31% and 98%... Any ideas on what causes this? Is it that the skew needs tweaking or is it possibly that particular STB? haven't scanned on the CS6100 yet cause the 360 is blind scanning currently... :mad: for 15mins so far!

Smaller dish might have a problem with it, especially if you have rainy weather, or they have it at the uplink in Chattanooga....
try locking in the NBC news transponder at 11775 H 4232, it should knock you out of your chair. Tweak that signal in for strongest quality and you should have RTV's two channels. I get RTV on 11734H 4440, you might try playing around with the freq a couple of mhz higher or lower-it will vary a little bit from one lnbf to another.

RTV is hard for some dish/receiver combinations, it took me a while to get it on my old fixed direcway dish when I was using it for that channel. It should do it though, mine did.

Did some quick tweaking this mornin before work and seemed like no matter which way I adjusted it fell off to 0%... gonna try the cs6100 when I get home and see if that reads any different... Will report back when I have some results...

Well between work and my new found car troubles today, i found some time to try the 6100, and it locks on fine... with like 85% signal 94% on the lnb - no jumping. made no adjustments to the dish before scanning. so its quite possible that i have some settings messed up in the receiver

I have the same problem with my Coolsat 8000. Sometimes it simply refuses to lock RTV/Tuff. My Coolsat 5000 running through the loop out picks it up at around 80Q. Usually if I let the 8000 set tuned to RTV or Tuff for about 5 minutes it will lock the transponder with qood quality, but if I move from that tp to another, it takes anothe 5 minutes to lock it again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts