America Silver price

erok5211

Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
MN
Hello,
I searched but can't seem to find the current pricing for the America Silver channel package.
What is the monthly price for this one?
Thanks,
Erik

I was looking to fire up my owned Dish equipment this fall after my Dtv contract runs out, and the Silver package would be perfect for us. I'm hoping its still offered.

Thanks for the replys and info.
Chris, I'm not ready to make the switch yet, I have to wait until fall of 2015 actually. But it sounds like it is still available and its $64.99, is that right?
Thanks again.

My America's 120 just jumped to $59.99 + $7.00 "DVR Service" = $66.99 a month, which is twice what it's worth.

That package is the bare minimum that includes the radio channels, but is really not that good a value for the price on the tv channels it has. Lots of crap channels nobody watches.

My next move will be a Tivo Roamio, running OTA channels, and some streaming, and including FTA satellite. I plan on installing better outside tv antennas as soon as the snow goes away.

I don't know that I would say crap channels. It does come with Comedy Central, espn, USA, and quite a few nice channels. I think you mean it doesn't come with the star channels you want in the nature of DIY, H2, BET, regional sports or the like. Not saying that it isn't getting expensive, but the statement of crap channels was just false, proven by ratings. The desire to have more, as most anything else, costs more, which may someday be the reason of death for the traditional model, or may be the beginning of a all new TV pckaging system.

My America's 120 just jumped to $59.99 + $7.00 "DVR Service" = $66.99 a month, which is twice what it's worth.

That package is the bare minimum that includes the radio channels, but is really not that good a value for the price on the tv channels it has. Lots of crap channels nobody watches.

My next move will be a Tivo Roamio, running OTA channels, and some streaming, and including FTA satellite. I plan on installing better outside tv antennas as soon as the snow goes away.

Same here, the basic Roamio has OTA and Cable Card tuners, I could jump back and forth with the same device depending on what cable would offer.

3 years ago when DA was 34$ I bought 2 receivers hoping to sign up. Those were the only channels I wanted and the price was more than reasonable.
Life happened and I never got around to signing up despite occasionally talking to both Dirt and Dish over the past 36 months.

Now its 49$, same channels w/ no guarantee it wont be 54 or 59$ next year. If I wanted to I could get a pretty decent cable package for that price.

As Vincent K McMahon would say, "no chance in hell".

Reactions: foghorn2
Cable goes up every year also. The just keep it quiet until you get the new bill. I can get 42 OTA channels here in Pensacola, FL and I mostly watch the 4 major networks anyway. A TiVo Roamio and I would be all set. Can you hook an Ext HD to the TiVo?

Reactions: foghorn2
3 years ago when DA was 34$ I bought 2 receivers hoping to sign up. Those were the only channels I wanted and the price was more than reasonable.
Life happened and I never got around to signing up despite occasionally talking to both Dirt and Dish over the past 36 months.

Now its 49$, same channels w/ no guarantee it wont be 54 or 59$ next year. If I wanted to I could get a pretty decent cable package for that price.

As Vincent K McMahon would say, "no chance in hell".

You could apply the same argument to buying a car, or a house, or hamburger meat, or lot's of other stuff. We all balance what we need, want, and simply must have and the cost of it all. You obviously have found that you can live without that level of TV entertainment. Others find that they need the "All Everything" packages just for basic survival. To each his own.

Cable goes up every year also. The just keep it quiet until you get the new bill. I can get 42 OTA channels here in Pensacola, FL and I mostly watch the 4 major networks anyway. A TiVo Roamio and I would be all set. Can you hook an Ext HD to the TiVo?

I got one from Fry's this morning, 4 tuner cable or ota, $127.00
You can even hook up a eSATA. I'm just going to upgrade the HD inside with a 3Tb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts