American Idol chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) I do hope he gets off the street. Maybe FOX can help him out...

I was disappointed that the poli-sci geek did not make it. I really liked him.

I agree. I hope he gets some help and yes I was looking forward to the geek guy getting some tv time. He reminds me of a young Patrick Dempsey (Dr. McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy) when he was very young in the 80s. He looked just like him in the movie that Patrick made where he was the pizza delivery boy who got lucky with an older woman.

Glad to see him gone. Kicked out the band, which was a stupid move, over confident, i don't buy the reasons he is living out of his car or the story, i think he needs to be put on mood enhancers and pursue professional help!!! just my 2 cents....

What I hope for him is that his family gets some values and brings him home and does the right thing.

Hey hey hey, have mercy on us West Coasters. No spoilers please :river

Hey, hey, hey, I'm a West coaster as well and I know enough not to read a thread before I've seen the show. It's that simple. There is no reason anyone not on the left coast shouldn't chime in when they can.

I hate American Idol but my wife likes it. She makes me watch it because of my experience in vocal music. Personally I find many of the idol contestants to be worbally and over the top but I liked Josiah I thought he was different. Yes he had a slight fake British sound but it was at least tastefully done but I like the emotion he put into what he sang. I was hoping he was going to be a black Horse in the show and I hated seeing him go. Even though he did not have this powerful pop voice he did have a unique quality.

When he dismissed the band I knew then he was in trouble but I don't think he did it out of cockiness as Simon suggested. I think he did it because he was unable to get the composition he wanted all be it the composition he came up with was not very fitting for the song. I think he was not intending to "try to say hey look at me I am so good that I dont need the band" just that he practiced a composition that the band did now know and with the timing that would not have worked with the original composition of the song. It would have been a bigger disaster if the band had stayed. I think his biggest mistake was going through with his rework and not just singing the song straight. He had impressed the judges earlier with Grace Kelly with Simon saying that would be the performance he would remember of all the try outs. So if the straight performance was not strong but at least not a disaster like his rendition was he might have made it.

If you look at his myspace page you can hear some of his own music he wrote and its not bad in fact I have heard much worse from signed artists. I rather enjoyed it and may purchase some of the stuff he has up. It is rather melon colly but hey a lot of great music is. I just wish he had not been such a cry baby. When they said that he did not make it he should have just took it like a man.

My take on it is, he got by with his fake British sound, which has been a mainstream sound b/c of bands like Coldplay, etc. Then he freaked b/c he realized he couldn't rely on that sound all the way thru the competition. Then the band told him that his composition was all over the place, freaked out on that and fell apart even more. Secondly, as I said before, i don't buy his mellon chollie, there are greater tradegies in life and several contestants with worse stories that pulled thru and used the tradegy as a powerful force to propel forward. This Josiah kid didn't b/c he was fake and immature....

Most conscientious posters use a line like: "Caution, may contain spoilers". Just simple courtesy. It's really not a big deal though. It's a TV show.

Hey, hey, hey, I'm a West coaster as well and I know enough not to read a thread before I've seen the show. It's that simple. There is no reason anyone not on the left coast shouldn't chime in when they can.

Most conscientious posters use a line like: "Caution, may contain spoilers". Just simple courtesy. It's really not a big deal though. It's a TV show.

And just when does conscientiousness end. Many, if not most, of us DVR programming. As an example, I haven't watched Jericho yet and it was on 2 nights ago. Should everyone spoilerize their comments because of that? I haven't yet looked at the Jericho thread because I don't want to see the spoilers.

But as you say, it's only TV.... :)

That's right. :rolleyes:

And just when does conscientiousness end. Many, if not most, of us DVR programming. As an example, I haven't watched Jericho yet and it was on 2 nights ago. Should everyone spoilerize their comments because of that? I haven't yet looked at the Jericho thread because I don't want to see the spoilers.

As we were watching that drama unfold last night, I had this strange feeling that we might see the screen go to black and words scroll up saying something like "Two days after this was taped, Josiah was found ....blah, blah, blah (you fill in the personal tragedy"

It was like watching a train wreck...hated it for the kid, but it was the right decision.

Exactly... I knew not to click on this thread in the new posts until after I watched the show.

SO... watching the women on Idol tonight; the first one had the flu ( I can not even imagine performing a song the way I felt with that blasted thing three weeks ago). But Kristy Lee Cook sure has the all American looks to go all-the-way in the competition.

Agree with you ... she certainly has that Mom and apple pie look about her.

SO... watching the women on Idol tonight; the first one had the flu ( I can not even imagine performing a song the way I felt with that blasted thing three weeks ago). But Kristy Lee Cook sure has the all American looks to go all-the-way in the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)