American Idol chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
I've never been a fan of this show but tonight my wife wanted to see it and at the end was Jesiah. This kid has a good voice, not a great one but a good one and a very unique voice in that even though he's from Tennesse he sings with an English accent. His story is a sad one because he's 18 and living out of his car and his family doesnt know this though I dont know why because our kid was acting up.

I havent seen any of the other prequalifying rounds but this kid seems to really have alot of heart and determination and deserves a chance.

I hope he does well. His story is pretty good. I dont even watch American Idol. My wife was just watching it and when he said Morristown, TN I perked up. Reason is we have a very close friend that lives in Russelville, TN which is like 5 miles away. Anyway hope he does well, he needs a new car :). Maybe some car company will give him a minvan :D.

I agree it's a touching story. Does he have the talent to go all the way? Probably not. Yet, perhaps the media attention will help him on the road to success of some kind.

I have seen all of the preliminary rounds, and I don't see him matching up to some of the others.

And the English accent is just weird. He's got to lose it; its American Idol, not British idol :D

I know that his story is a big thing but based on his determination and if he listens to Randy, Paula, and Simon then I think he could become an underdog in this competition specialy considering that he wrote that song he sang wich was really good. I feel for the kid in a big way, I was just a little older than him when my father and step mother kicked me out during my last year of highschool and I didnt even have a car to stay in, if it hadnt been for the kindness of family friends who took me in I really dont know how my life would have ended up or for how long it would have lasted.

I understand the sob story, but ultimately this is a singing competition, and he needs to shine at that. There are something like 164 people in the Hollywood round, that gets whittled down to 24. And there were some amazing singers in the group of 164.

And his wasn't the only sob story; there were probably five or ten of them -- including a woman last night whose dad died two days before the audition and had Paula bawling.

Regardless of whether he advances, I suspect his days of living in his car are over, and that is the most important thing.

Definitly if he gets out of his car its a seriously big thing, the girl that was on before him from Indiana had such a great voice raspy voice, hell she could do a better Janice Joplin than Janice Joplin.

You mean the motorcycle nurse? Absolutely! She was the real deal!

Definitly if he gets out of his car its a seriously big thing, the girl that was on before him from Indiana had such a great voice raspy voice, hell she could do a better Janice Joplin than Janice Joplin.

She has to be careful though otherwise she will be typecast musicly, Im suspecting that she has a very limited range and her Janice Joplin voice will be all that she can do wich could hurt her. Funny thing about this is we watched "Across the universe" lastnight, if you havent seen the movie its actually a good musical with the songs all being from the 60's and much of it Beatles and Janice Joplin and a bit of Hendrix thrown in.

I think she'll show some real range. We'll soon see.

She has to be careful though otherwise she will be typecast musicly, Im suspecting that she has a very limited range and her Janice Joplin voice will be all that she can do wich could hurt her. Funny thing about this is we watched "Across the universe" lastnight, if you havent seen the movie its actually a good musical with the songs all being from the 60's and much of it Beatles and Janice Joplin and a bit of Hendrix thrown in.

So Josiah makes it to day four and totally sucks; I mean totally sucks. He dismisses the band, and goes solo, and sucks. YET they keep him on for one more day.

Would they have done that for anyone else except the homeless kid? I don't think so. :rolleyes:

Did I say he sucked? :D

Agree, Agree, and yes you did ....................................and I Agree.

So Josiah makes it to day four and totally sucks; I mean totally sucks. He dismisses the band, and goes solo, and sucks. YET they keep him on for one more day.

Would they have done that for anyone else except the homeless kid? I don't think so. :rolleyes:

Did I say he sucked? :D

The producers need to get him some help soon. It was painful to watch him last night. I felt so bad as in "what if that were my son?"

He was over confident! He couldn't believe it.... he knew he was going, then bam.

Stupid move for kicking the band out.

Thank God he got booted . And guess what? HE.... wait for it.....wait for it.......

C--r---i--e--d!!

AGAIN!

:) I do hope he gets off the street. Maybe FOX can help him out...

I was disappointed that the poli-sci geek did not make it. I really liked him.

Hey hey hey, have mercy on us West Coasters. No spoilers please :river

LOL... and we waited until more than an hour later to start watching. If we want to watch something we will wait and watch something else on the recorded list until we can jump into the middle of the show to skip through the commercials. If you start into the show late enough you'll never catch up till the end....just stay in delay all night ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)