American Life TV & RTN (Retro TV) - any chance?

GordonR

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
New Hampshire
Is there any chance that DISH would add either American Life or RTN?
TV Land is not what it used to be and those 2 networks have some excellent shows from years past.

I would love to see these channels as well, but as my grandmother used to say, sh*t in one hand and want in the other, that is where I think we probably are on getting these with both providers.
I guess that you could get 4DTV if you really wanted American Life and get it in fixed key off of AMC 18 at 105 degrees west, of course you would have to have a C-Band dish. Also, RTN is available on many local digital sub channels, here in the Birmingham market it is on the NBC affiliate WVTM.
Also, you can get it off of AMC-9 at 83 degrees west in the clear with a FTA receiver.

Perhaps with American Life TV now no longer owned by a unit of the Unification Church, there may be a chance that ALTV may one day be added.

Of course, there may be some changes with the format at that network as well.

I was able to watch RTN in western New York when I was away on business but the Buffalo affiliate was dropped. No RTN in the NYC DMA where I live. So now I never get to see it anymore.

This would be a great addition!

agreed ... they have sucessfully mtv'd tvland ... stupid reality sitcoms ... leave it the way it was ... the way that made it successful, and made them want to buy it ... old tv shows !!!!!

WNGS dropped RTN because RTN moved owners from Equity to Luken Communications.

They moved to This TV, but I see Daystar in their future. (Equity had to sell all their stations at auction, and WNGS was sold to the Daystar network.)

The article I read said that it was going to be on Cable and Satellite as one of the locals. Wonder if it will become a "must carry" cuz if not I think Dish ain't carrying it

Actually RTN is coming to NYC in July if you have OTA - WSAH in Bridgeport. See SitcomsOnline.com News Blog: ION Television July 2009; RTN Coming to New York City, Announces More Shows OTA you might be able to get 10.3 from Albany which show retro.

WOW!! WSAH on channel 42 is on Dish Network already so I will be able to get it then? Albany is out of reach OTA for me.

SAH means Shop at Home doesn't it? Currently it is all paid programming. I hope this is for real.

WOW!! WSAH on channel 42 is on Dish Network already so I will be able to get it then? Albany is out of reach OTA for me.
I think you're out of luck then, because RTN is almost always broadcast on a subchannel. If Dish carries any subchannels anywhere, it's news to me.

rtn

It is suppose to come back to Buffalo also. However it will be a sub channel of WGRZ, which recently dumped their weather sub channel in favor of nbc universal sports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)