America's Everything Pack

you can also order the AEP package throught their website and not have to deal with any csr's.

I'm an AT&T customer so I need to call them. I can still login to my old Dish Network account but I don't have any options there. It says my account is past due with a balance of $0.00, last payment in 1/04. That tells you how efficient this company is in keeping their records updated.:confused:

The DVR fee on dish equipment is nothing more than a "because we can" fee. Nothing more, nothing less. Always has been, always will be.

See ya
Tony

Does the same because we can apply to comcast and directv and tivo and charter and adelphia?

The good news is they waive the $5.98 DVR fee, the bad news is they added $6.00 'waived fee fee' :D

Seriously my current bill shows

DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 0.00

so I would think it's still valid.

hahahahahah.....that is classic

It says my account is past due with a balance of $0.00, last payment in 1/04. That tells you how efficient this company is in keeping their records updated.

Sounds pretty accurate to me.

Does the same because we can apply to comcast and directv and tivo and charter and adelphia?

The difference with DirecTV is that up until recently they contracted TiVo software and that requires a fee. TiVo stand alone units you pay for the service of the program guide. Comcast and other cable companies do not charge you up front for anything so they are essentially charging you a rental on the more expensive DVR box. This is not to say there isn't an element of "because we can" there.

The only company that is charging only "because they can" or "everyone else is doing it so we should too" is Dish Network. With Dish, when you buy the receiver, with the exception of the 9 day guide (non-dvr boxes get a 44 hour guide) there is absolutely nothing you are getting service-wise and many of us already paid for the box.

Anyway, didn't your momma teach you that just because everyone else is doing it is no reason to do anything? :D

The DVR fee in Dish's case is nothing more than a revenue enhancement.

See ya
Tony

Sorry Randall - I don't know.

Just got off the phone with Dish to get some info while I decide on if I am going to cancel or not.

Except for the fish picture, I don't really watch the HD channels, so I decided to check and see if they are going to charge me $6 if I cancel HD and why.

They will charge me $6 because the receiver is got to process the HD channels and then convert them to SD. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Also, the $5.98 is because the receiver is got to process some signal.

Then, even if you pay yearly for your KVP and AT200, they will still bill you every month for the HD Enabling Fee and/or DVR Service Fee.:eek:

I bet even Moltomateo can't get that fixed!:)

89.99 for AEP
$5 for locals with AEP for a total of 94.99.

From my bill:
AMERICA'S EVERYTHING VALUE PAK 94.99
DISH LATINO BONUS PACK 12.49
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 0.00
DISHHD 20.00
DOMINION PROGRAMMING 0.00
PREMIUM PACKAGE LOCALS 0.00
SUPERSTATION PACKAGE KWGN 5.99

Thank you Tony. Makes sense.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)