America's everything package went up to 126.99 are they for real ? after they cut several channels

brejust

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 25, 2014
:) life
are they for real 126.99 for american everything package after they cut several channels? they bugging
hmm, i would not mind the increase it if they put these channels back :)
just saw the new bill
My Current Services
America's Everything Pack
$
Blockbuster@Home
$
Monthly Charges
$

This was reported quite some time before the takedown took place. The increase is on the premiums, not the pckage itself.

This was reported quite some time before the takedown took place. The increase is on the premiums, not the pckage itself.
Well I have this package and just saw the new bill its 126.99 which includes all the premium channels. So I guess its for everyone too who has the package? America's everything package.

Correct, because the AEP is made up of the premiums, and the premiums went up in price. Not all of them, just certain bundles of them.

Correct, because the AEP is made up of the premiums, and the premiums went up in price. Not all of them, just certain bundles of them.
yeah I think they need to realize *dish that they have to pay to play* in other words, they are going to increase there prices again *dish* so why not just pay, and not cause an inconvenience to customers. In the end the customers are going to get pissed, which many are, and for what in the end dish is going to have to pay and so are the customers. why play their dumb game just pay up dish* hmm

The comparison, would be dish increasing their prices and telling you that you have to sign a new contract, just to keep watching tv. What are you going to do? I'm not talking about going month to month, Turner and all channels require a contract. Funny thing is they have been on an extension since June or July, and they have been paying to play, and we have now reached the crucial impasse. And as angry as some customers are getting, dish is winning, as their overall stocks are increasing and Turners are going down.

Reactions: jbrelish
I think that DISH should re-organize all their programming packs and make RSN FREE (no sports pack included) versions of all new programming packs to save money. Right now there is a top 120 without the rsn and you save like $15.00 a month over the regular top 12 with sports rsn. No more AEP. Just packs with or without RSNs so you can save the extra money if you wanted to. I would love it if they could spin off some of the sports channels from the regular programming packs into their own premium sports pack. This would lead to even more savings for the those who are looking for a way to save extra money monthly.

There is no longer any value or savings to having AEP . Years ago you could avoid the extra dvr fees per dvr receiver, if you subbed to AEP. But there in NO extra savings or value now. Maybe DISH could find away to offset some of the price hikes coming in about 4 months and reorganize the FEE structures. I still think that for each Hopper on your account you should get one FREE Joey or allow the sub to buy the joey and they no longer have a monthly fee, like Tivo is doing with the Tivo minis. This would help shake up the whole field if they did this. Either way DISH needs to change things up a bit , because between the yearly extortion /price hikes and the ever increasing DISH fees, it is getting even harder to justify the expense, in order to watch just a few shows over a few channels .

Granted a price shake up may be beneficial to the customer, I think it would ultimately be a bad thing, because a lot of the companies net profit comes from that, so they would have to think of new ways to make a profit, including higher sub fees.
The joeys aren't going to be free just because nobody else is doing it. Remember for years dish was the only one doing duo receivers and not charging for the second TV, on the primary receiver. Think after years of that they saw a difference in their profits and offerings with the release of the joey? Hell, most premiums now, you can get half price. That started after the Joey fee, and I do beleive plays a prt in it. The AT120 and + pckages do need to be different as there are a lot of customers who do not want to py for sports and this gives them the option to have a decent package without the huge fees that come with those RSNs. It's all about everybody, not individually.

are they for real 126.99 for american everything package after they cut several channels? they bugging
hmm, i would not mind the increase it if they put these channels back :)
just saw the new bill
My Current Services
America's Everything Pack
$
Blockbuster@Home
$
Monthly Charges
$
If you are talking about the Turner channels I think almost all of us would be surprised if they don't come back, so saying they have been cut is not quite the whole story - likely cut temporarily. Also as pointed out it's the premiums part of the package that went up not the rest. I have the exact package you do, minus the premium movies and my package did not go up.

Reactions: Yespage and ChadT41
I think that DISH should re-organize all their programming packs and make RSN FREE (no sports pack included) versions of all new programming packs to save money. Right now there is a top 120 without the rsn and you save like $15.00 a month over the regular top 12 with sports rsn. No more AEP. Just packs with or without RSNs so you can save the extra money if you wanted to. I would love it if they could spin off some of the sports channels from the regular programming packs into their own premium sports pack. This would lead to even more savings for the those who are looking for a way to save extra money monthly.

There is no longer any value or savings to having AEP . Years ago you could avoid the extra dvr fees per dvr receiver, if you subbed to AEP. But there in NO extra savings or value now. Maybe DISH could find away to offset some of the price hikes coming in about 4 months and reorganize the FEE structures. I still think that for each Hopper on your account you should get one FREE Joey or allow the sub to buy the joey and they no longer have a monthly fee, like Tivo is doing with the Tivo minis. This would help shake up the whole field if they did this. Either way DISH needs to change things up a bit , because between the yearly extortion /price hikes and the ever increasing DISH fees, it is getting even harder to justify the expense, in order to watch just a few shows over a few channels .

Yea I used to get the everything pack to save on DVR fees. It was no longer a value when they took that advantage away

Reactions: MikeD-C05
If you can afford AEP, quit your bitching. I have Dish America, because that is what I can afford. Cut your package, speak with your wallet. As long as people pay, Dish will charge it.

Reactions: Hall
If you can afford AEP, quit your bitching. I have Dish America, because that is what I can afford. Cut your package, speak with your wallet. As long as people pay, Dish will charge it.
Sounds like your the one bitching. I have AEP, and don't like the price increase, I didn't comment on it, till I saw your delightful post. I can "afford" gasoline and cigarettes, but that doesn't mean I won't, and don't have the right to bitch about the price. Gasoline is too high, so are cigarettes, and Dish sure as hell is, but like everybody else, I bend over and pay for it, because I want it.

Reactions: chiodo
I have to agree with Bobvick, I too have AEP and although I don't smoke I can "afford" AEP for now, but question remains for how much longer am I going to continue to pay for this, sometimes I should just get an antenna for OTA and get a Netflix subscription and cancel Dish.

Reactions: bobvick
I have to agree with Bobvick, I too have AEP and although I don't smoke I can "afford" AEP for now, but question remains for how much longer am I going to continue to pay for this, sometimes I should just get an antenna for OTA and get a Netflix subscription and cancel Dish.
I too sometimes question how much I actually watch. But when I get to figuring, there is not a ton of difference in AEP and AT250 with HBO and Showtime, which are must haves for me, some just stick,it out with AEP.

Reactions: chiodo
AT250 (79.99)
HBO (19.00)
Starz (14.00)
Cinemax (14.00)
Showtime (14.00)
Total = 140.99

AEP = 124.99

Seems to me there's $16 savings....

Technically it's the grouping of the premium channels that is giving the discount and not the AEP. By bundling the four premium packages together the cusomter gets them for $47, a $2 increase from what it was a couple weeks ago. AEP really doesn't give the customer any savings at all since all it's just the AT250 with the bundled premium channels. You would be getting the same exact savings if you had the AT120 with the four bundled movie packages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts