America's Got Talent Season 6 (2011)

So we opted to watch M.B. without commercials....

Kinetic King was cool but boring to watch on TV.

Those Funny Little People were extremely unfunny and just annoying.

last act I saw was the chipmunks... never been more happy to see someone buzzed.

So the first magicians "trick" was garbage.. so were all if the singers.

Two i thought earbed it tonight:
Jay newburg
Yellow design stunt team

Swank would have been great without the curtain.

- I didn't understand Seth Grabel's act...it was, as Piers said, "It was exactly like Howie - a lot of show, a lot of flashy stuff...but it lacked content."
- Shevonne still hasn't learned how to sing in key since her last appearance. Buzz!
- The West Springfield Dance Team performance was lackluster.
- J. Chris Newberg was rude, crude and totally obnoxious...and funny in the way he roasted Piers.
- Yellow Design Stunt Team was entertaining.
- Charles Peachock was ho-hum and dropping the sword didn't help matters.
- The Fiddleheads were allright, but I agree with Piers.
- Summerwind Skippers were ho-hum.
- Landon Swank was better than the other magician, but it really doesn't "grab" my attention (showmanship).

I think Swank, YDST and Newberg go through with the 4th position being anyone's guess.

I agree with your picks 100%. I don't think anyone stood out for the fourth spot and to be fair Landon's act was just good. Pulling the curtain up just before the escape IMO ruined the act.

- I didn't understand Seth Grabel's act...it was, as Piers said, "It was exactly like Howie - a lot of show, a lot of flashy stuff...but it lacked content."
- Shevonne still hasn't learned how to sing in key since her last appearance. Buzz!
- The West Springfield Dance Team performance was lackluster.
- J. Chris Newberg was rude, crude and totally obnoxious...and funny in the way he roasted Piers.
- Yellow Design Stunt Team was entertaining.
- Charles Peachock was ho-hum and dropping the sword didn't help matters.
- The Fiddleheads were allright, but I agree with Piers.
- Summerwind Skippers were ho-hum.
- Landon Swank was better than the other magician, but it really doesn't "grab" my attention (showmanship).

I think Swank, YDST and Newberg go through with the 4th position being anyone's guess.

I pretty much agree with you. I thought J. Chris Newberg was hilarious, and yes Piers was laughing. I liked WSDT. I thought they did rather well for having a week to prepare. I could see them possibly taking the fourth spot.

S~

Shocked that yellow design is out but so far agree with 2 of 3 picks and the odd man out was kinetic king ... I just don't see a full show from him.

I agree that the calico hearts would work on Disney or a kids bop type thing.

The touring cast of Les Mis was descent. Everytime I hear a live act like the lady on now I wonder if the sound or arena is to blame and not the act sounding off....

If the final three I predict Newburg but I've been wrong a lot this season.

Edit: yup...wrong again....

Last edited:
- I cannot believe the West Springfield Dance Team beat YDST. But I keep forgetting that people just don't like the more talented BMX stunt team. Plus, the dance team has been heavily advertised in the DC area and I'm sure all the families and the community were busy dialing-in the votes. I honestly didn't feel their act was worthy of anything higher than a 5th place finish and, if lucky, a judges vote through to the next round.

- Wow! I didn't see the Kinetic King moving forward, but it was nice to see...until he did the fetal position.

- Wow! I cannot believe that J. Chris Newberg didn't finish higher than 6th place in the voting; and I'm surprised Summerwind Skippers went through. Shocked actually! Their act was simply jumping with big jump ropes lighted on fire...and they missed a time or two. They were not nearly as good as when they were previously eliminated.

Oh well, I don't see any of those acts going through beyond competing in the next round.

The acts going forward to the next round or coming back: (updated 8/17/2011)

1. Snap Boogie - talented dancer with a unique twist
2. Sandou Trio Russian Bar - Russian Bar that is dangerous and pretty amazing
3. Anna Graceman - 11-year old singer with big voice and bigger smile
4. Miami All-Stars - outstanding Latin dance group
5. Silhouettes - very interesting stuff (don't know how else to explain 'em)
6. Steven Retchless (aka Prince Poleycock) - male pole dancer
7. Daniel Joseph Baker - angry singer with an attitude (I really dislike this kid)
8. Smadge Brothers - outstanding motorcycle daredevil brothers
9. Poplyfe - young pop group
10. Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. - Frank Sinatra wannabe
11. Lys Agnes - opera singer
12. Professor Splash - belly-flopper extraordinare
13. Fatally Unique - high energy dance act
14. Zuma Zuma - dance/acrobatic act
15. iLuminate - outstanding light show artists
16. Melissa Villasenor - comedian/impressionist
17. Gymkana - gymnastics/dance (YouTube)
18. Matt Wilhelm - bike/light show (YouTube)
19. Kevin Collis - singer/guitar player (YouTube)
20. Beth Ann Robinson - dance (YouTube)
21. West Springfield Dance Team - modern dance (Wildcard act)
22. The Kinetic King - sticks & cups & Woo Hoo (Wildcard act)
23. Landon Swank - illusionist (Wildcard act)
24. Summerwind Skippers - jump rope artists (Wildcard act)

So Far:
6 Music Acts
4 Thriller Acts
8 Variety Acts
6 Dance Acts[/QUOTE]

Pretty surprised at the voting last night. Kinetic King? Gimme a break. I'd rather watch Tose Funny Little People. Uugghhh.

S~

riffjim must be talking off tonight....

First 6 acts:

zuma zuma - ok, not as good as before but still an interesting acrobat act.
Beth Ann Robinson - still not a fan... slow dancing and not exciting to watch at all.
russian bar - Decided to do a singing act instead of russian bar... no idea what they were thinking.... bad singing and no act.
kevin colis - still sucks... sucked last time... sucks this time. The man cannot sing... he's like a high school music teacher.
Matt Wilhelm - a poor man's defying gravity... messed up at the end of the act by falling off his bike.. not as good as other acts with similar skills.
pop lyfe - I thought this was the reverse of usual... I thought the music was on pace but the vocals did not work for me at all... that said the judges loved it so what do I know.

West Springfield Dance Team - Very well coreographe... descent for being a zombie dance act. IMO the best act of the night so far.
Melissa Villasenor - Wanda sykes was ok but I've seen it online before... other impressions were off... she's still NOT FUNNY!
Team iLuminate - Incredible act again. One of the most original act. I predict them vs Silhouettes in the final 2 when it's all said and done.
daniel joseph baker - I cannot stand him! He wasn't bad (it was his best performance) but I still can't stand his voice.
Miami All Stars - I think went too basic. Still a good dance group but the classic music mixed with an average performance didn't put the usually upbeat team in the top for me. Another one the judges loved that I thought was just good.
Lys Agnes - I was not a fan of this version of "Bring Me to Life"... it was like monotone vibretto... of course another standing ovation from the judges....

Top 4 prediction (I can't really find a definitive #5):
- Team iLuminate
- Daniel Joseph Baker
- West Springfield Dance Team
- Miami All Stars

Team iLuminate is absolutely incredible!
Very artistic and amazingly inventive! They keep coming up with new ideas every time. I'll be surprised if they don't win it all!.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Apple messes with the bloggers with the newest iOS5 beta

War Between UFC And Spike TV Just Got Even More Heated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)