America's Got Talent Season 6 (2011)

I actually would watch him for hours rather than watch DJB for his 90 second routine... and that's bad. He was also better than the sh*t hip hop act that followed.

That said the final two in 2 weeks are Silhouettes and iLluminate regardless.

Did anyone here enjoy Prince Poppycock's act like night? Ducky and I couldn't stand it. The singing wasn't very good, the act was...er, way out there, and it looked like he gained 20-lbs.

His singing was never really his strong suit. It was his costumes and showmanship that was his strength. I never though he was a great singer. What sold me was when he did the Queen song and actually managed to out camp Queen. His voice was always just OK to me, it did not grate on me, but I could see watching a show of his, never knowing what type of song he was going to sing or what he was going to wear and do.

That being said, I was not impressed by last night's performance either. He would be better off sticking to making fun of popular songs than opera.

There are certainly a handful of acts people like watching for a few minutes, but there are no acts that send chills up-and-down ones spine when they perform. IMO Team iLuminate has been the cream of the crop---and I like The Silhouettes and a few others---but I'm disappointed that we haven't witnessed one of those jaw-dropping "Wow!" moments this year like when Terry Fator's puppets sang like Etta James and Tony Bennett or when Jackie Evancho sang "O Mio Babbino Caro" or when Michael Grimm sang "You Don't Know Me" or the first time we saw Fightening Gravity or even when Kevin "Chicken Catcher" Skinner first performed (first and last time he sang in tune).

The only performer to ever send chills up and down my spine and bring tears to my eyes is Jackie. I've got her CDs on my iphone.

S~

His singing was never really his strong suit. It was his costumes and showmanship that was his strength. I never though he was a great singer. What sold me was when he did the Queen song and actually managed to out camp Queen. His voice was always just OK to me, it did not grate on me, but I could see watching a show of his, never knowing what type of song he was going to sing or what he was going to wear and do.

That being said, I was not impressed by last night's performance either. He would be better off sticking to making fun of popular songs than opera.

He has a good voice when he's singing gleeful, happy and gay tunes like his Queen and Yankee Doodle Dandy tributes, and his light-hearted Largo al Factotum. However he is not fun to watch (okay, perhaps even painful to watch) when he sings serious opera and does his diva in drag nighclub act like he did last night. El Stinko! Piers was right when he buzzed him last year...stick to what the people enjoy.

The only performer to ever send chills up and down my spine and bring tears to my eyes is Jackie. I've got her CDs on my iphone.

S~

She is incredible... I just wish the CD's included her cover of "Time to Say Goodbye"... that was probably the best performance I've ever seen on the show.

That said and as much as I like silhouettes and iLluminate neither come close to Jackie or Fator IMO.

She is incredible... I just wish the CD's included her cover of "Time to Say Goodbye"... that was probably the best performance I've ever seen on the show.

That said and as much as I like silhouettes and iLluminate neither come close to Jackie or Fator IMO.

IMHOTerry Fator is probably the best act ever to come from AGT.

IMHOTerry Fator is probably the best act ever to come from AGT.

Don't get me wrong. I like Terry Fator and think he does great impressions. He is just too stiff. His puppets have more life in them. I'm used to impressionists like Rich Little who bring big personalities.

S~

I actually would watch him for hours rather than watch DJB for his 90 second routine... and that's bad. He was also better than the sh*t hip hop act that followed.

That said the final two in 2 weeks are Silhouettes and iLluminate regardless.

Yep, I'd rather watch PP than DJB by a long shot. As to the other 2 professional acts they brought on, well my son and I both commented that acts better than both of those got the boot on AGT on a regular basis. I was not impressed with either act at all.

I think the winner this year will be iLuminate!

I think the winner this year will be iLuminate!

They certainly appear to be the front-runner. Of course, I noticed one of the team members had one-half of the lights go dark on their suit...and Fighting Gravity had a "technical glitch" during the finals last year. iLuminate is creating a lot of the "tech" used in their production, so it has the potential to go horribly wrong...just like it did with Kinetic King.

The following twelve contestants are vying for five spots and an opportunity to compete in the Top 10 Show.

This Week's Acts
Snap Boogie - talented dancer with a unique twist
Anna Graceman - 11-year old singer with big voice and bigger smile
Silhouettes - very interesting stuff (don't know how else to explain 'em)
Steven Retchless (aka Prince Poleycock) - male pole dancer
Smadge Brothers - outstanding motorcycle daredevil brothers
Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. - Frank Sinatra wannabe
Professor Splash - belly-flopper extraordinare
Fatally Unique - high energy dance act
Gymkana - gymnastics/dance (YouTube)
The Kinetic King - sticks & cups & Woo Hoo (Wildcard act)
Landon Swank - illusionist (Wildcard act)
Summerwind Skippers - jump rope artists (Wildcard act)

The Top 10 Show (acts selected so far)
1. Team iLuminate
2. Poplyfe
3. Lys Agnes
4. Miami All*Stars
5. West Springfield Dance Team
6. (TDB this week)
7. (TDB this week)
8. (TDB this week)
9. (TDB this week)
10.(TDB this week)

I had to replay the Kinetic King's act at 1/15 speed to fully appreciate it. :)

Apple messes with the bloggers with the newest iOS5 beta

War Between UFC And Spike TV Just Got Even More Heated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)