America's Got Talent Season 6 (2011)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Silhouettes :up:up:up:up - much better than their last performance...and it's hard to believe all of these kids have serious physical problems. Well done and touching. They are moving into the Finals.

I thought it was excellent as well. Back to what got them there with a very good performance. It's literally between them and iLluminate to lose.... we'll see how they fare later on.

Smage Brothers :up:up:up - not as good as their previous performance and, to be fair, they missed a trick and ran over their buddy a couple times. Plus, as much as I have enjoyed their show I think tonight was the night I smaged-out and got a little tired of their act. Agter all, there is only so much you can do on motorcycles being stuffed onto such a tiny stage. I don't think they will be performing next week.

Poplyfe :up:up:up - for once they didn't suck (largely due to their MJ medley) but I don't see why they were give a standing ovation - they're not that good. Of course, they'll get voted through since the judges told the chattel to vote for them.

Smadge was awesome.. BECAUSE they hit their friend lol. That made it realy worth watching.

Poplyfe - the first time I enjoyed their act.... it was very good and she was on key. Very good.

Landau Murphy - Really enjoyed the performance tonight. It was the first one since his debut that sounded good to me. best singing of the night.

I agree... iLuminate was great... though I disagree as I thought the video game one was their best but very solid performace.

I skipped WSD but there was nothing to add.... mediocre act this week.

Top 5:

iLuminate
Silhoutettes
Landau Murphy
Poplyfe
Smadge Brothers

Bottom Five
Anna Graceman
Lance
Miami All Stars
Lys Agnes
WSD

Anna may take Smadge's place as I'm always wrong about 5th place.

This is how I saw them finishing...

1. Team iLuminate
2. Landau Eugene Murphy Jr.
3. Silhouettes

4. Poplyfe
5. Anna Graceman
6. Landon Swank

7. Smage Brothers
8. Miami All*Stars
9. West Springfield Dance Team
10. Lys Agnes

Miami All Stars > GONE, Taking Samba Line Tours back to Miami
Lys Agnes > DREAM ON - GONE I have yet to hear her sing an entire song on key.
Landon Swank > Maybe sneaks in, but not in my top 4. I really liked his act. Close-up magic is absolutely my favorite. But too many other good acts.
Amanda Graceman > May sneak in with the "Cute Kid" vote, but IMHO - GONE Can't sing on key 100% Close but nocigar...GONE
Silhouettes > My #1 pick. Though iluminate was quicker pace, the emotion of this act is what grabs me.
Smage Bros > Seen it...Thanks couldn't sit through another 10 munutes --- GONE
Poplyfe > Lead singer is excellent. Band is good, back up singers CAN'T SING! IMHO should be gone, but may get the "kiddie vote" Not in my top 5
West Springfield Dance Team > In best Homer Simpson voice "BOOOOORING!" Gone
Landau Eugene Murphy > This year's "Chicken Catcher". I think this guy is going to take it all! Is he a great singer? No. He has great presence. He shone tonight!
Team iLiminate > My #2 pick for the night

I thought Silhouettes gave their best performance. I see them neck and neck tonight with iLuminate. But, iLuminate has had a solid series of great performances. I think they are still the top act to beat. I think Poplyfe will pick up the third spot. I do not know about the 4th spot...

Landon Swank I could watch a lot, but I think he needed a bigger trick tonight. I like his relaxed style casually doing tricks. But, maybe not mass appeal.
Smage Brothers exciting, but I think more of an arena type act over a stage act. Again I felt the stage was way too small.
Landau Eugene Murphy, again a good performance, but the surprise has worn off, and I wonder how the appeal of the songs will work with younger voters.

West Springfield needed to change it up... Miami All Stars changed it up but for the worse... Lys Agnes poor song choice.... Amanda Graceman probably needs another year...

Top 3 are easy: Silhouettes (Loved their story and performance. That one brought some chills and tears to the corner of my eyes), iLuminate (loved the pace, choreography, and fade ins), and Landau (Good performance, especially coming from someone who knew Ol' Blue Eyes). Fourth spot is tough. I really like Poplyfe and love the lead singer. Reminds me of Poly Styrene a little from X-ray Spex. I didn't particularly care for the Jackson arrangement. Anna Graceman. Didn't care too much for the low register, but man when she hits the big notes with that soulful tone, she is great, and Landon, he was smooth and I liked the close up magic.

S~

So far...

In the Final:
1. Team iLuminate
4. Poplyfe

Out of Competition:
6. Landon Swank
7. Smage Brothers
8. Miami All*Stars
10. Lys Agnes

Pending Decision:
2. Landau Eugene Murphy Jr.
3. Silhouettes
5. Anna Graceman
9. West Springfield Dance Team

So far I am 3 for 3 on the acts that will make the final. The last two are a tough call.

Landaue Eugene Murphy Jr. vs. Anna Graceman

I have a feeling that Anna will get the votes just because of her age. I personally think Landaue did a much better job performing in the final 10.

Well, I was 3 out of 4 calling the final acts. I am happy Landaue made it through as he was a better singer last night.

Who do I want to see win:
Team iLuminate - they've been the most original, best performing, and most consistent act the entire competition.
Silhouettes - my 2nd favorite act...although not very far behind iLuminate. Unfortunately, I do not see 40-girls putting on an hour-long Vegas Show.

Who do I NOT want to win:
Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. - he was in my Top 5, but I didn't like racists remarks made last night (surprised nobody called him on it).
Poplyfe - the lead singer is pretty good (not great) and the band is minimally competent...but they don't have voices to sing backup vocals.

Unless something goes terribly wrong I think iLuminate takes the title this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts