America's Got Talent Season 7 (2012)

Good Lord! A freaking dog act that was excellent and could play successfully in any amusement park in the world won over a quality magician! Unbelievable!

Frankly I can't believe they didn't go much sooner!

Wow, I don't think I will be watching next season. Seriously, that is a million dollar act? I feel ill

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

The one constant each year? It's how dumbstruck I am after the votes are tallied each and every year. Heck, I'm still shaking my head after Michael Grimm beating Jackie Evancho (he's sold 46k albums while she has sold 2M and has a new album out in October), and Eugene Landau Murphy Jr. (he's sold 40k albums) winning last year.

...Frankly I can't believe they didn't go much sooner!

Never overestimate your fellow Americans...and Brits too. This year we managed to reach-out to our UK partners and vote two 1950s style variety acts, typically found playing on the midway of your local amusement park or circus, as the two best acts in the world. We're all going to the dogs. :p

riffjim4069 said:
Just an FYI, a dog act won Britain's Got Talent this year. Will it happen here?

And as usual, the US out does Britain by a lot. One dog with a girl vs an entire dog stunt show.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

See everyone back here next year...sure hope it will be better than this iteration.

:bluesbros:

Given the history of the final picks and their later success, I'm not holding my breath. Yeah, I'll probably watch again next year, but I'll grumble a bit as I remember the acts that should have won but didn't! :(

As a former professional salesman, it is interesting to watch the judges twiddle just how 'America votes', yet for all their expertise in the entertainment field we see them year after year fawn over acts that later win but have pretty poor success when they 'headline' with an act that is barely supporting of a real headliner act.

From Bugs and Daffy, "Shootme now! Shoot me now!"

Seriously? Kotter, Close, and my boy David are all better than the dog act. The dog missed the third jump (again). The dad can't get 2 inches off of the ground. I'll miss Sharon, but maybe we won't see so many animal acts going through.

S~