America's Got Talent Season 7 (2012)

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
"AGT is Back with a Two-Hour Premiere on Monday, May 14th at 8:00 PM ET" Okay, I realize that I said I wouldn't be watching AGT after the Judges, last season, selected yet another lesser talented singing act (Murphy is selling hundreds of albums, no doubt) over more talented non-singing acts. Anyway, with Howard Stern joining the show, let's hope the non-singers get fair consideration this season.

Moreover, let's hope this thread can breath a little life back into the NBC Television Network Forum. Here is a list of past AGT winners:

Season 1 (2006) - Bianca Ryan (11-year old singer) - average audience 10 million/12.05 million saw the season finale.
Season 2 (2007) - Terry Fator (ventriloquist/singer/impersonator) - 12 million viewers/13.87 tuned-in to the season finale.
Season 3 (2008) - Neal Boyd (opera singer) - 11.38 million average viewers/12.55 million viewers for the season finale.
Season 4 (2009) - Kevin Skinner (singer/chicken catcher) - 11.91 milion weekly viewers/15.53 watched the finale.
Season 5 (2010) - Michael Grimm (singer/musician) - 11.02 million viewers/16.41 million saw the season finale
Season 6 (2011) - Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. (crooner) - 11.82 million weekly viewers/14.37 tuned-in to the season finale

"AGT is Back with a Two-Hour Premiere on Monday, May 14th at 8:00 PM ET" Okay, I realize that I said I wouldn't be watching AGT after the Judges, last season, selected yet another lesser talented singing act (Murphy is selling hundreds of albums, no doubt) over more talented non-singing acts. Anyway, with Howard Stern joining the show, let's hope the non-singers get fair consideration this season.

Moreover, let's hope this thread can breath a little life back into the NBC Television Network Forum. Here is a list of past AGT winners:

Season 1 (2006) - Bianca Ryan (11-year old singer) - average audience 10 million/12.05 million saw the season finale.
Season 2 (2007) - Terry Fator (ventriloquist/singer/impersonator) - 12 million viewers/13.87 tuned-in to the season finale.
Season 3 (2008) - Neal Boyd (opera singer) - 11.38 million average viewers/12.55 million viewers for the season finale.
Season 4 (2009) - Kevin Skinner (singer/chicken catcher) - 11.91 milion weekly viewers/15.53 watched the finale.
Season 5 (2010) - Michael Grimm (singer/musician) - 11.02 million viewers/16.41 million saw the season finale
Season 6 (2011) - Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. (crooner) - 11.82 million weekly viewers/14.37 tuned-in to the season finale

He sold around 30,000 albums, more than the Voice winner Javier Colon. You really should let go of your blatant dislike of the guy. He really is pretty good, you just don't happen to like him.

He sold around 30,000 albums, more than the Voice winner Javier Colon. You really should let go of your blatant dislike of the guy. He really is pretty good, you just don't happen to like him.

First, let me know when he has sold 3,000,000 albums, like Jackie Evancho, and then he too would be qualified to finish in 2nd place. Second, what are talking about? My "dislike" is that there has been a bias in favor of singers at AGT, even when the non-singing acts are significantly more talented. Moreover, I like Murphy. He was a very good contenstant, but he was not good enough to win AGT in my opinion. In fact, you can read my quote (below) where I said, "I like Murphy." ;)

Anyway, this is what I have said about Murphy. Please point-out my blatant dislike of him? :confused:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/nbc-tel...ot-talent-season-6-2011-a-34.html#post2626010
http://www.satelliteguys.us/nbc-tel...ot-talent-season-6-2011-a-31.html#post2624375
http://www.satelliteguys.us/nbc-tel...ot-talent-season-6-2011-a-37.html#post2631064

Here is small sampling of what others have said about his performances last season:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/nbc-tel...ot-talent-season-6-2011-a-32.html#post2624471
http://www.satelliteguys.us/nbc-tel...ot-talent-season-6-2011-a-31.html#post2624367
http://www.satelliteguys.us/nbc-tel...ot-talent-season-6-2011-a-34.html#post2626062

Finally, whether you like, dislike or are indifferent toward a contestant, these are merely our opinions and we are all entitled to our thoughts and feelings...whether you like 'em or not.

Waiting... :whistle:

For starters, you said he lacks stage presence and needs dental work. What do his teeth have to do with his talent? Nothing. That shows a blatant dislike for him as far as I am concerned. As to his stage presence, he is inexperienced. I wouldn't hold that against anyone that is so new.
He won because he got more votes. At least they restrict the number of votes that can be cast. AI allows as many as you want except for online.
Look at who has won AI over the last six or seven years. Hardly the most talented!

For starters, you said he lacks stage presence and needs dental work. What do his teeth have to do with his talent? Nothing. That shows a blatant dislike for him as far as I am concerned. As to his stage presence, he is inexperienced. I wouldn't hold that against anyone that is so new.
He won because he got more votes. At least they restrict the number of votes that can be cast. AI allows as many as you want except for online.

You're reaching. I suppose you can also make an argument that because Murphy happens to be black that I must be racist. Or you can relate my killing flies and spiders that wander into our home as my blatant hatred toward all living things. Regarding his dental work...it is statement of fact and it has nothing to do with my like or dislike of him. Since I have referred to Susan Boyle as the "fat lady" then I must dislike her too...let's completely dismis my buying her albums and expressing how much I adore her singing talent.

Anyway, I have told you that I like Murphy and I have written that I like Murphy. However, I do not feel that he was the most talented contestant in last year's AGT; there is a bias in favor of singing acts. I cannot argue since you apparently know how I feel---better than I do---and you have an uncanny ability to read subliminal messages embedding into my posts.

Look at who has won AI over the last six or seven years. Hardly the most talented!

My point exactly! Singers have won each and every year despite there often be much more talented non-singing acts. Terry Fator, arguably the most talented of any of the AGT acts, never would have won merely being the world's best ventriloquist and a top-notch comedian if his dummies didn't sing. Singing acts have other venues (e.g., American Idol, The Voice, etc.) and should be barred from AGT competition in my opinion.

You win! If didn't have a blatant dislike for Murphy before this post...well, I sure do now! And I hate that fat-arse Susan Boyle too! :rolleyes:

I don't think you are racist at all. I haven't seen any reason to think you are. When you refer to people as fat, or criticize their teeth, that shows to me that you have a dislike for them. When it's something as superficial as their looks, then it's blatant!

Well, I'm missing the start of the show because I am swapping-out my mother-in-law's 622 and have been stuck on the "Your receiver is being authorized" message for the past 30-minutes. Nice lady. It would be a shame if she were to take a tumble off of her second story deck this evening. :p <<just kidding!>>

Anyway, impressions so far? Is Howard better than Piers? Likes/dislikes?

I don't know what to think, I like Howard Stern but I think hes trying to hard and it feels to me like Howard Stern's America's Got Talent.

I hope going forward he calms down a little.

I don't know what to think, I like Howard Stern but I think hes trying to hard and it feels to me like Howard Stern's America's Got Talent.

I hope going forward he calms down a little.

I only watched a half-hour last night, but I agree that he was trying to be everything to everybody. Stern needs to settle down because he was quite annoying last night.

I only watched a half-hour last night, but I agree that he was trying to be everything to everybody. Stern needs to settle down because he was quite annoying last night.

Last night? ;) Stern has been annoying for his entire career! That's what he does.

I only caught a few minutes. Tuned in to see Live Wire (AKA Team iLuminate on steroids). I enjoyed their performance. I'll watch the entire episode tonight (without the commercials and contestant intros).

S~

I thought last night's episode was great. I haven't watched it in years and it's making me watch again.

I'm with you! I thought last night's showing was much more upbeat than in the past and was actually surprised that I liked Stern on the show.

But I do agree with those that don't like just singers winning year after year. I keep hoping that some other type of act will win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)