America's Got Talent Season 7 (2012)

I enjoyed it on autohop late last night. Stern was NOT as bad as I expected. We'll see.

I hope they find someone as unique as Terry Fator was (season 2 or 3?).

We'll see.

Personally was disappointed with last night's show. Thought Stern took things over a bit too much for being the new guy on the block. Will record future shows and zip thru the acts that I don't care for. Don't understand all the doting over the kiddie acts. In reality, how can one of these kids ever be a Vegas act? Are under age kids even allowed into these venues? Not a gambling/Vegas person, so I don't know about that. And why do the judges never never zap these kids like they do others? Maybe I'm just getting tired of the whole thing after 7 or 8 seasons.

I am not a Stern fan, but was pleasantly surprised with his judging. There was an interview/story on JN1 over the weekend about him being the new AGT judge, and his comments were that he loved AGT, knew it is a family show, and he did not want it to be another Howard Stern show. I really had doubts about it when he was announced as taking Piers' place, but I'll keep watching.

Finished last night's episode. First half hour was a waste of hard drive space. I only saw two acts, Light Wire and Earth Harp (unique). At the end, the dad needs to step back and let his daughter fly solo. I loved her voice.

S~

I think this is also the first time it has premiered before all of the season finales have taken place. I know I was watching 2 and a half men and Mike and Molly from 8-9.

S~

They keep expanding the season and, like you pointed out, it hurt their premiere ratings. It should be interesting to see what they look like in 2-3 more weeks.

I thought tonight's was better then last nights, but Howard Still had to get his word in first and he kept cutting off the other judges when they were trying to give their opinion. He needs to knock that off, its not the Howard Stern Show.

I just watched last night's show and I'm only a few minutes into tonight's show. Let me just say that I didn't even noticed when Hasselhoff or the first female judge left the show...however, I kinda miss that smug, egotistical, bastard Piers. Eh, but the season is young so let's see if Judge Howard grows on us.

Offhand, I am thinking everything is coming up Simply Sergio. And I loved Mr. Special. :)

I thought tonight's was better then last nights, but Howard Still had to get his word in first and he kept cutting off the other judges when they were trying to give their opinion. He needs to knock that off, its not the Howard Stern Show.

I liked when Howard asked, "What's my motivation?" and Howie replied, "Fifteen Million." :D

I loved the Lisa Clark Dancers (LCD); I though they had potential. Personally, I would change their name to the Amada Clarke Dancers and incorporate guns, knives and other weapons into the act. ;) Other than Cotton Candy, the talented acts have been few and far between so far.

Ratings being down is not a surprise to me for AGT. It was up against a ton of series winding down and building up to the season cliff-hangers/series finale. There was also phenomenal "American Masters" spotlighting Johnny Carson's career that premiered Monday. I couldn't watch AGT Monday because there were too many other programs and all three of my tuners were busy all the way through 1am! One of the few times I wish I had a Hopper.

Let's see what happens in two weeks with the ratings. Next week is series/season finale week for most series.

Granny G was awesome.

Loving the show and speed of the show. There are some slow spots but for the most part it doesn't need much FF. Howard and Howie have been great and keep you laughing.

They could have waited on the premiere, but given NBC's ratings, AGT even at a reduced rate is still better than most of their shows...

I defintely didn't see a million dollar act last night. Couple of good singers. The impressionist wasn't bad. We've seen contortionist dancing, but that was "extreme". He did catch my attention and I like what he did. He almost looked like he was floating in that walk.

S~

I defintely didn't see a million dollar act last night. Couple of good singers. The impressionist wasn't bad. We've seen contortionist dancing, but that was "extreme". He did catch my attention and I like what he did. He almost looked like he was floating in that walk.

S~

Agreed. I haven't seen many acts worth more than $1.19 at this point.

Howard made Mir Money cry... :cry:; the labradoodles were cute; Horse was nothing short of brilliant (in a sick and twisted way); Burton Crane was just plain goofy - can't believe he was voted through; other mediocre and some very bad acts. Regardless, I certainly didn't see any million dollar acts.

Dammit! I can't get that song out of m head. What ya gonna do? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)