America's Got Talent: Season 8

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
I thought last night was one of their worst episodes. There were some good singers. They wasted too much time on idiocy.

S~

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Holy Crap! It's no wonder why people are getting burned-out on this show...a 1-hour show to recap the previous night's 2-hour show? And we're now up to 38-episodes for a summertime series, which is way too much AGT IMO.

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
I think you need to start looking at 9 p.m. instead of 8. 8 is the recap. 9 is the live show. Elimination takes place then.

S~

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
The live show from Radio City Music Hall in New York opened with The Rockets "kicking" things off. Heidi Klum fit right in with the dancers and Howard made the grand entrance, as usual.

Anna Christine - The 11-year old girl singer playing the piano sang off-key and didn't select a very good song for her vocal range IMO. You could tell she was nervous on such a large stage, but a larger factor working against her is the fact she isn't very cute.

Tellavision - were very good, creative, and entertaining; two judges loved it and two judges didn't.

American Hitmen - Most people love 'em (I'm indifferent) but it wasn't their best performance. One things we know for sure...Heidi wants it harder. ;)

Special Head - I think we've seen the last of Special Head...he's a one trick levitator. One thing we know is that Heidi saw a little Special Head. ;)

Fresh Faces - the little girl dancers sure are cute, and I liked their act, but they cannot compete against real talent. They looked so small out there on stage.

Collins Key - the magic kid. He needs to work on his stage presence, but it was a solid trick.

Kevin Downey Jr. - comedian who is really annoying, but strangely funny.

Aaralyn & Izzy - six year old girl who screams like the lead singer from the band Sodom. Not cute and not talented. Time to move on.

Alexandria the Great - underwater escape artist with a huge arse; somewhat entertaining, but she'll be packing her wide-bottom swimsuit and going home.

Kristef Brothers - I don't know why but I really like these guys and I like what they do.

Hype - nice dance act but a little over-hyped IMO.

Branden James - not a bad singer but it's impossible to sing Josh Groban's You Raise Me Up without sounding like something less of a singer.

Anyway, I cast my votes for Tellavision, American Hitmen, Collins Key, Kevin Downey Jr. and Kristef Brothers Not a bad show overall.

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Kristef Bros. and Collins Key were about it for me. Sound just didn't transfer over to TV (except the mics).

S~

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
Kristef Brothers and Collins Key (no surprise here) along with Brandon James (I wouldn't vote for him) and Anna Christine (big surprise) are moving on to the semi-finals. Why do the judges vote? They split the vote between Anna Christine and The Hitmen so they went to the tie-breaker...the audience's vote - like it should be.

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
Well tonight's show was a complete dud. Took them 30 minutes of all the bs before the first selection. I suppose that is a good thing as you could skip 30 minutes or watch something worth watching.

I didn't see a single act that went through tonight that will be in the final running. None, nada, zilch. Just fillers for the later shows.

And the preview of next week shows me that I won't need to record that one for sure. Another bunch of duds.
?

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
Just in case you didn't have enough on Tuesday...

Recap Show (Wednesday @ 8:00 PM): condensed 1-hour version of Tuesday's show...tastes great, less annoying.

Results Show (Wednesday @ 9:00 PM): find out which acts who performed Tuesday night were voted through to the Semi-Finals.

Ziptied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2011
West coast
I've allways hated it when a judge says something like "For a tweleve year old, you did great". The other nite, Howie actually pleaded to the voters to consider Anna Christine's age when voting. You either have the required talent or you don't. Age has nothing to do with whether I'd pay to see an act or purchase their music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts