America's Got Talent: Season 8

Ratings for AGT 2013 Slightly Up

Source

As "America's Got Talent" crowned the winner of its eighth season Wednesday night, the series danced its way to a slight ratings boost over last year, according to early numbers from Nielsen.

"Talent" brought in an average of 11.3-million viewers, up 7% in total audience from last year's finale, and scored a rating of 2.5 in the advertiser-desired 18-to-49-year-old demographic, up about 4% from the previous year's number. "

Overall, I found this season to be the least talented in the past four years. However, the finalists were pretty good and the show's producers did a great job putting together a professional show at Radio City Music Hall.

Now that everyone has had an opportunity to see the Season Finale, here is the final order along with my comments:

1. Kenichi Ebina - America finally got it right, first time since 2007
  2. Taylor Williamson - he finished a notch or two too hight IMO, but I get the impression he was a distant second
  3. Jimmy Rose - I had him finishing 5th
  4. Forte - they were my 2nd choice or 3rd choice, but 4th is a little surprising based on their big performances
  5. Collins Key - my 6th place finisher
  6. Cami Bradley - surprised she finished so low given her looks, performances, judges glowing comments and the fact she's a singer
Regardless, I've deleted the entire season from the DVR...not much worth saving. See y'all back here next season.

I don't follow these religiously. I catch an episode here and there of the US, UK and Aussie versions, but I caught part of Australia's Got Talent semi finals last night with my VPN and this caught my attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got around to watching the last 2 episodes. I decided not to watch any of the earlier episodes, so just the final 6.

I do not think I could watch a 90 minute show of Kenichi. I thought he was very good, but to sit through a long show it would not be my thing.

The singers were all ok. I like the magician, but I doubt he could do a 90 minute show now. I was impressed that he is only 17 and I think he could do well in the long run.

None of the finalists really blew me away, of course I did not watch them over and over again for the summer, just the last 2 shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts