America's Got Talent: Season 8

Much better than I thought she would be when it was announced she would be joining the show. I like her much better than Heidi (as a judge).

S~

I miss Piers' no nonsense, equal opportunity, buzzer. With four judges you would think there would be more buzzing...quite the opposite, very little buzzing this season. Anyway, I'll be in jammies and ready to be entertained...even though many of my favorite acts were eliminated last week.

First up Jimmy Blows...er, I mean Rose. Sorry! I can't stand his voice, but it wasn't a bad performance. Mel B. said she wasn't a fan in the beginning, but she is now; Howie made a good joke about Jimmy having a large fan base (part of his props) and said he delivered a good performance; Howard has nice things to say about Jimmy and his original song; Heidi thinks that America fell in love with him from the very start and his talent is why he is here in the finals. Overall I don't think the judges were too impressed.

Next up is Kenichi doing a modification of his audition performance. The jaws dropped when he did that turtle thing with his head, and again when he did his robotic movements and matrix maneuvers. The judges gave him a standing ovation: Howie said "this is amazing, brilliant and did exactly what he does but only better - you deserve to win."; Howard says Kenichi is a superstar and told the audience to pick-up a phone and vote and don't leave it up to nudniks; Heidi said this is her favorite act of the entire season; Mel B. says America should vote for him and that he deserved to win.

Cami Bradley did a nice job with her own twist on a share song (one she performed before). Howard said she looked good and sounded great and deserves to win; Heidi says she puts teams in people's eyes (in a good way); Mel B. says Cami is a class act and she now wants everyone to vote for Cami too; Howie says of all the singers she is the only unique voice of the lot - we haven't heard other performers do what she does.

Collins Key did a care trick. It was pretty good involving Mel B. and Heidi...but come on, it was a card trick. Heidi says she doesn't know how he does it and that she's shocked; Howie says he is amazed and that Collins is a master of confusion; Howard says he is concerned that his close-up acts is better than his other acts but America will not get the real sense of his performance; Mel B. says it was his best performance and that he was grateful to almost kiss Heidi.

Forte has a big performance with an orchestra, choir, and lots of lights. Mel B. says Wow, Wow, Wow! The act was just stunning...she is now a lover of opera; Howie said it is brilliant, but how do you compare what Kenichi does to what Forte does. Howard says there are a lot of great acts and he doesn't have a clue as to how everyone will vote; Heidi says she is a big fan and she will buy their CD and come to Vegas should they win.

Finally, it's Taylor Williamson who comes on stage to a "Real American" song and then proceeded to finish AGT in 6th place. Everyone seemed to like him...I didn't. Needless to say, Howie loved the comedian; Howard and the rest find him very likable and funny.

2nd Round Performance Summary

Cami Bradley does her rendition of the Beatles I Want to Hold Your Hand - she was out in front of the stage and not behind the piano, but I wasn't thrilled with her redoing a classic Beatles song.
Colins Key did another on stage trick, but this one was easy to guess - he just gave the judges the cards he wanted them to pick.
Jimmy Rose performed his brand of trawng country.
Taylor Williamson did his brand of annoying comedy...just wasn't very funny tonight.
Kenichi's final act was kind of tame by his standards and Mel B. didn't like it, but Howard loved it and Howie wants him to win.
Forte closed the season with a standing ovation.

Its between Kenichi and Forte for the win.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Overall there were some pretty good performance this evening. Regardless of how I vote or who I feel the most talented acts is...America (aka nudniks according to Howard) is going to vote and two things are for certain: 1) they favor singers and 2) they are idiots based on past voting.

Here is how I rated them:

1. Kenichi Ibani
2. Forte
3. Cami Bradley
4. Jimmy Rose
5. Collins Key
6. Taylor Williamson

As usual, I'm only voting for the #1.

How I feel America will vote:

1. Cami Bradley
2. Forte
3. Jimmy Rose
4. Kenichi
5. Collins Key
6. Taylor Williamson

We usually watch AGT (record anyway) on City TV out of Canada as we don't have a NBC "local" OTA. They have carried the show since the beginning, but when I tuned in last night something else was on, I then checked my TitanTV listing and it wasn't even scheduled!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)