America's Voice channel 219

Huh...this is only available with AT120 or higher, not in any add-ons? MyDISH
I get the other channels in that range with my International Basic package, such as GRIT 217, FOLK 218, MALL 220, CRAFT 221, etc. I wonder why AMVO was left out?

Probably because they did NOT pay DISH to carry them (ie: pay-to-play)...as opposed to having DISH carry them at no-charge... :biggrin
That was kind of my point. By placing the channel in this range, it creates the impression (rightly or wrongly) that it is yet another channel that is paying Dish to be carried. If they are paying Dish to be carried, then Dish should be providing the channel to as many subscribers as possible, in order to help keep our monthly rates down. On the other hand, if the channel is not paying Dish to be carried, then it should have been placed next to the other news channels in the guide. I remember that there was a dispute between Dish and Newsmax over similar channel placement, and it resulted in Newsmax being pulled from Dish for quite a long time. When Newsmax finally returned, they got the channel placement they wanted.

Aaaand it's dead.

Is one of many channels saying "channel no longer broadcasting" today.
Probably just cheaper for them to stream only. And as far as the guide goes it does say "channel no longer broadcasting" on a few of them today but the programming seems to be the same (like Justice is now called True Crime and infomercials still showing up on others) and still broadcasting except on 219 which is broadcasting a horribly overcropped SD version of WeatherNation

And now WeatherNation disappeared and AMVO is back

idk.gif

I'd love to monitor this all day long but I have other things to do so I'm going to pass the torch... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
Imagine a world where either Dish was competent, and/or Rovi/TiVo was.

What a wonderful world that would be.
Well, at least today the guide says "Regularly Scheduled Programming." (Except for RENEW, which says "American Auction Channel.") So, it is a slight improvement, and certainly less confusing than a false message saying the channel is no longer broadcasting. Now all we need is an actual guide for these channels.

Isn't America's Auction Channel like the cockroach that never dies? IIRC Dish keeps getting rid of them and a few months later they pop up on another channel and resume programming.

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
Isn't America's Auction Channel like the cockroach that never dies? IIRC Dish keeps getting rid of them and a few months later they pop up on another channel and resume programming.
In this case, I think it is just bad guide information. The actual content of the channel looks like regular infomercials, just like what was showing on that channel before the guide got screwed up.

This same issue took away the guide information for Justice, channel 252. And you know what they say, "No Justice, No Peace!" :strike2
Well, now Justice (since re-branded as True Crime Network) really is no longer broadcasting on channel 252.

New Uplinks / Mappings – Channels Available
252 INFO True Crime added to 110° TP 16 (SD Instant Order) AVAILABLE DRM
252 INFO True Crime added to 72.7° TP 31 (SD MPEG4 Instant Order) AVAILABLE EPG linked to 110° TP 16 Ch 252 – DRM

Uplinks Removed
252 TRUCR True Crime removed from 110° TP 16 (SD Instant Order)
252 TRUCR True Crime removed from 72.7° TP 31 (SD MPEG4 Instant Order)

Looks like the recent wave of Dish adding diginets is over, and now Dish is starting to cut back. :(
(Yeah, I know, Dish is "working to restore this channel.")

This makes two channels removed from my package today, since Dish also removed CBeebies (channel 822) earlier this afternoon. Dish did recently add an apparent replacement channel on channel 821, though.

I wonder what Dish will add to replace True Crime Network? None of the recent diginet additions are available in my International Basic package. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)