Americas's Everything package...

I remember a Charlie Chat years ago. Someone on the show mentioned the price of the everything package and what a great deal it was. Charlie was surprised and said that it was too big a bargain. Within weeks of that chat the price of the everything package started to climb. Charlie doesn't give anything away. According to Variety "The monster-rich media & entertainment moguls -- think Sumner Redstone, Charlie Ergen, Rupert Murdoch -- aren't mega-players when it comes to personal philanthropy. All three are on the Forbes list of wealthiest Americans but are nowhere to be found among the country's top charity donors. "

I don't think that can be true. Charlie Chats ended sometime in 2010 -2011?, AEP only made a jump in price recently, otherwise it was increasing along the lines of the TOP250 package and perhaps a small amount when if the movie channels increased.

I wouldn't mind seeing deals given to those who subscribe to aep...Most on these boards know you can always contact a csr and get deals but for those who don't and have aep...special offers for bb @ home and multi sport pack would be nice from time to time

I believe Charlie made this remark just prior to the HD Platinum package around 2008. SO AEP did not get it included. Then the sports multi pack did not get included . Then BB did not get included. At the time the AEP price was $84.99 and $40 was for the 4 premiums and remember equipment charges were very low. The programming price has gone up $35 of which $5 was for the Premiums. The fees have gone up almost $30. So costs have exploded about 80% while inflation has increased only 15%. Guess who keeps getting richer and cheaper.

The program providers keep getting richer.
Saying things didn't get included makes no sense. AEP never included anything but the Top250 and the four premium movies as far as content goes. AEP and Platinum, or BB, or Sports pack, or any other package have nothing to with each other. Your post is about overall cost increases, until as I posted very recently when AEP did take a jump and no longer gave a price cut. So I see no connection to anything Charlie may or may not have said in a Charlie chat long ago. The Charlie Chat did not spur the cost increases over the last years.

Last edited:
We've had AEP for years....as well as multi-sport and BB@Home. After our $10 monthly credit ends in June, we are dropping it. We are going to keep HBO and Showtime (for the original programming) but drop Cinemax and Starz. We're also dropping down to AT200 but keeping multi-sport (for Big10 and Pac12) and BB. That'll save us about $30/month. When I looked at the packages, we hardly watch any of the channels in the ones we're dropping. And in some cases we are paying twice for a few of the channels. There are so many other options for watching movies I doubt we'll miss Cinemax and Starz.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

With Blockbuster @ Home, you will still get channel 353, Starz Cinema. With BB@Home, you will also get some channels from the Starz/Encore/MoviePlex family like Encore Suspense, MoviePlex, IndiePlex, and RetroPlex. This also means you should have access to Starz, Encore, and MoviePlex on Dish Anywhere from my understanding.

Yep and I think this has already been mentioned but also the starz on demand channel as well :)

Totally agree. I'm paying for several of these channels twice and BB@Home has lots of movie channels itself do why by Starz (and Cinemax) separately.

I didn't realize that the Dish Anywhere app had on-demand movies in it (I guess I've always just headed straight for the DVR section). What's included in this section? Is it an aggregation of all of the shows and movies also provided by each channel's individual apps? I tried the Starz Play app but it doesn't support Dish customers.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!