AMIKO Amiko A3 not recording from Manual PID channels

barleyguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 3, 2015
Colorado, US
Greetings,

I'm having an issue where my Amiko A3 won't record channels that were entered by Manual PID. For example, NHK World, which is something like "User_12040_102".

When I set a timer, it changes to the channel and the red light lights up, but the timer stays at "00:00:00", and a file is never written.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is there a workaround? Or is it on a list of things to fix?

Thanks.

I've not ran into this myself, never tried recording from manually entered PIDs. Will ask Joe.

Reactions: barleyguy
Hi. My urgency for this has reduced, because I got NHK to scan in by putting just the transponder in manually and then doing a non-blind scan.

Great channel, BTW. This week's J-Melo is Rankin Taxi, which is Japanese Reggae. Lately I feel like FTA has cooler content than the mainstream channels, or at least inspires me to find cool content that I wouldn't have otherwise.

Anyhow, NHK records now that it was scanned in, which strengthens the evidence that manual PIDs won't record, but the same channel scanned in will record.

Any report back? Or has anyone tried to record from a manual PID?

Thanks,

Harley.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)