AMIKO Amiko A3 Owners Thread

I'm running 2.0.61 as well, as I think about it it ha dropped power to the LNB and as a newbie I thought I was doing something wrong anyway since installing .61 it hasn't dropped power ( that I know of) because I didn't know what to look for. It locked up on a blind scan of 72w, I removed power then restored power and it locked up @ boot so I had to remove power again.

Running developmental ROMs? Guess it was my fault for not asking sooner if you were experiencing this problem with a public release stable NA ROM. :(

When you opt to be a firmware tester and run development ROMs instead of stable releases, you may experience issues that are never released to the general public . Most users may never have this problem if is is caught and reported during the testing phase. While using development ROM 40D, issues are to be reported to the development team by email in the development app or on the 2.0.61D / 40D thread on FridgeFTA.

I am not running the developmental version ROM 40D and am not experiencing failed scans using the stable release 36S. Anyone running a stable release version and having the scanning lock-up?

Reactions: dougruss
Running developmental ROMs? Guess it was my fault for not asking sooner if you were experiencing this problem with a public release stable NA ROM. :(

When you opt to be a firmware tester and run development ROMs instead of stable releases, you may experience issues that are never released to the general public . Most users may never have this problem if is is caught and reported during the testing phase. While using development ROM 40D, issues are to be reported to the development team by email in the development app or on the 2.0.61D / 40D thread on FridgeFTA.

I am not running the developmental version ROM 40D and am not experiencing failed scans using the stable release 36S. Anyone running a stable release version and having the scanning

there's always the unexpected

My problem with the web server and Spark app access server going down overnight is back. For a little over a week, after I did a factory reset and reloaded from backup, it was behaving. After the blind scan lockup I had yesterday, it's back to its old behavior. Looks like it's time to re-load it again. Joe thinks that Android needs to be rebooted every so often rather than put to sleep, but I have serious philosophical problems with this -- a system shouldn't need to be rebooted regularly due to bad software! I've never had to do it with a Linux system, and I rarely even have to do it with Windows anymore. (Versions prior to XP were absolutely horrid -- you may as well not even try to use hibernation, because after just a couple of iterations they wouldn't work right when awoken.)

Jim, you are running development version and I see that you are reporting your findings over at the FridgeFTA forum and Joe has been helping you over there. Is anyone else having this problem with a stable release ROM? Is this something only you are experiencing or can it be replicated by one of us running stable release firmware.

Not sure why we are mixing development with stable ROM reports on this forum. Sure can be confusing to members! I think that our posts need to clearly explain if the A3 is operating a stable or development ROM and what version. In reviewing this thread I notice that many members are probably running development ROM and this isn't usually too clear. It might also be of interest to post if the issue has already been reported.

Since the user experience can be quite different when using even different versions of the stable release let alone the unknowns of development ROMs, let's try to identify the ROM version when discussing features or issues. If we are going to try and help each other identify and attempt to find answers or resolve issues, we should know as much information as possible.

Maybe a solution is to open separate threads for discussing current stable release ROM and anther thread for discussing current development ROM?

Reactions: dougruss and KE4EST
Jim, you are running development version and I see that you are reporting your findings over at the FridgeFTA forum and Joe has been helping you over there. Is anyone else having this problem with a stable release ROM? Is this something only you are experiencing or can it be replicated by one of us running stable release firmware.

I haven't seen anyone else reporting my remote-access issue, with any version of the software. Joe tried to duplicate it with 2.0.61 and it didn't happen for him. However, it appears to me that it happens only after the box has been running for several days, and I'm guessing that there could also be a connection to other crashes (aside from the one yesterday, I seem to remember having a few right before I started having the remote-access issue for the first time.)

The reason I'm running the development release of 2.0.61 is because it solves a problem I was concerned about with all previous versions (poor picture quality on interlaced output) and because all in all, reports at the Fridge were that 2.0.61 was very stable.

2.0.61 has been out for almost a month now, and I and others are wondering why there's been no action regarding either making it an official stable version or releasing a newer test version.

Great that users are supporting development of future A3 ROM releases by participating in testing, but I don't think that this is the appropriate forum (or thread) for discussing issues related to firmware not approved for the general user.

We probably should focus on features and functions of public release stable firmware. Let discussions of the A3 development ROMs happen in the appropriate forums and with the development team.

Agreed, let's keep this thread for discussing any issues or cool things we find or use with public release firmware.
Issues that one runs into with development and beta firmware should be posted over at the FridgeFTA forum where the developers are reading. :)

I've found that if I re-scan a satellite, the favorite flag gets removed from any channels on it.

Now I'm puzzled. I re-scanned a few satellites tonight and it's leaving my favorites alone, as it should. It's also not resetting the names of channels that I've renamed manually, which is a nice feature! (I don't believe I even tested that before tonight.) I did it all tonight through the web interface though, I'll have to try from the TV tomorrow and see if it works the same way there. (I would expect it to, but you never know.) I'm at a loss to explain why it always killed the favorites before, though.

Some recordings have not been executing as scheduled so I erased them all and created new events from scratch.

Then I went to poking things with a stick and discovered a failure message which I am in a bit of a panic over.

GET SCREEN SHOT blah blah.jpg

Previously I had seen this screen to say "OK/OK/OK" I assumed from this that it's saying something about the system has failed but it doesn't say what.
As far as I am aware the only thing that's actually not working right was that one timer that wouldn't record on Thursdays.
Having erased all the timers and made new ones, I ran this info screen again and the FAIL message persists. I rebooted the system and it's still there.
Could this perhaps be because I have the ROM40D installed?

Oh, and one other issue, the time shift. It doesn't work. I keep setting it to the 500gb disk and it says it's on but I'll be darned if I can figure out how to use it.
And when I go back to check on it later, it's always switched off again.
There is nothing wrong with the disk, it works fine and I am setting it to operate on the new, 500gb 2.5" disk I put in it when I first got it.
On my MicroHD I could pause "live" video, take the dogs out, come back in and resume watching. No such luck on the A3. I've never once figured out how to use the time shift.
And why it keeps setting itself to OFF, I can't understand why it would do that.

Another issue that I have which is more of an aesthetic issue than anything else is that when I am browsing through my recordings to play back, the list of recordings provides no information such as a time/date that it was recorded or a name that I assigned to the timer. It just says "RTVE_1" etc.... To find one I have to start playback of each file until I find what I want. And if I am not sure what it is I am looking for, it's a really pain.
If there were a more detailed view of the files available for playback that would display the time/date and the name assigned to the timer, that would be immensely helpful.

GET SCREEN SHOT 0.818988379323855.jpeg GET SCREEN SHOT 0.8941265852190554.jpeg

As for the timer problem, I won't know for a full week if that's fixed because I created a separate timer for each weekday and saturday rather than one timer that repeats 5 days and one that repeats on saturdays.
I was hoping that giving them each a different name would help me find files to play back. And it's better than only one of six timers fail and miss one recording than one of two timers fail and miss 5 recordings.
Someday times I don't watch "live", I'll hoard them up and binge on weekends.

I also program the dish to move a minute before recording starts each day to give it time to move and lock onto the signal.
And there's one that just moves it over to PR so I can watch some old favorites that show up in that approximate time frame, more or less.

GET SCREEN SHOT more blah blah.jpg

Thanks..

I have the same system fail and I'm not using any timers or time shifting.

Cool, thanks! Well that tells me it's not the timers causing it (I rather doubted it) and that it's not just me having this mysterious failure.

Are you by any chance using the development ROM ? I'm now wondering if that's behind it.

Yes, but it was that way before I installed the development ROM, that's one of the reasons why I installed it hoping to see OK/OK/OK but it didn't change anything.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
I found a screenshot I save from November 5th where it is reading OK/OK/OK

GET SCREEN SHOT 0.38027213513851166.jpg

So it was previously OK. I have no idea why it's broken now, I haven't tampered with it, I've had more than my fair share of misfortune with this thing and I'm really gun shy of it now.

I wonder if there are some sort of diagnostics apps to figure out what's wrong..