AMIKO Amiko A3 Owners Thread

My A3 also says "Fail/OK/OK" for the System/Data/Cache on the "About" screen and has since the day I got it, no matter what ROM was loaded. Note that I've always loaded Americas ROM's and don't have (and don't want) any experience with the European versions.

According to a thread over at FridgeFTA it's because of the difference between the Americas and European ROMS. European A3's show "OK/OK/OK".

Mine is same way, but figured it wasn't nothing to worry about as I have not had any issues out of mine. Mind you I don't have daily timers set though.

I just checked with Joe and he indicated that it sum check on the European file is different than the NA. The A3 detects the sum check difference. There is no problem with the A3 displaying Fail/OK/OK when running the NA Stable or ROM versions.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
I just checked with Joe and he indicated that it sum check on the European file is different than the NA. The A3 detects the sum check difference. There is no problem with the A3 displaying Fail/OK/OK when running the NA Stable or ROM versions.

Well that's good news

Thank you Brian. Panic attack averted... Whew..

Now that that issue is wrapped up, I am still having problems with recording timers not executing.
I have my A3 set to get it's time from the internet and it's 100% perfectly in sync with the atomic clock on my wall and my Macs. So I know it's not a clock being wrong kinda thing.

I deleted all the timers and made new ones from scratch but they aren't executing..
The timers that move the dishes a minute before the recordings start are set up as "tune to channel".
I set them up because it takes about 30 seconds to move the dish and let it lock onto the signal. So if I want to record at 7pm I move the dish at 6:59 then a separate timer is supposed to record.
It seems that they don't record for some mysterious reason at random. It always moves the dishes but doesn't always record.
And the disk is extremely empty. There are only two recordings on it from previous saturdays.

I have no idea what's up with this thing.

GET SCREEN SHOT 0.3483365993015468.jpeg GET SCREEN SHOT 0.2581146585289389.jpeg GET SCREEN SHOT 0.2751980181783438.jpeg GET SCREEN SHOT 0.6098106657154858.jpeg

Got mind set up all but time in the ( SOME THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHANGE ON YOUR A3 ) it shows changing it to central time it also shows eastern time which i need
but mind shows no American time zones.

Dee Ann,

Logic tells me if the timers move the dish, but timers do not DVR and no one else is reporting DVR timer execution errors, the problem is likelyrelated to the drive.

As you are running an NA DEV ROM, it would be best that you report issues with the development NA ROM directly to the developers using the communication methods that were provided when you switched over to the DEV ROM.

1. Message directly from the NA DEV APP
2. Post in the DEV ROM version thread at the FridgeFTA site.

I don't believe that this is the appropriate forum to report and resolve problems with the development NA ROMs.

I think you still have to put 1 minute buffers between shows, just like the microHD. So, say if you have a recording for 1 hour at 9pm, and a second recording at 10pm for an hour, you'd set them as: Start time: 9pm, 59 minutes, Start time: 10pm, 1 hour.

The first show will record 59 minutes, and have the 1 minute rest time before firing the second recording. The second show will then record 1 full hour. If you have a 3rd back to back recording, the second show would also have to be 59 minutes.

At least this is the way I've been doing them.

Reactions: rodder
I've only done a few scheduled recordings but I always select Deep Standby when I shutdown. The last one I made was last night, a test recording on 103W. I just checked and the recording was on the hard drive so the receiver woke from deep standby. I'm running 2.0.61.

Ernie

Reactions: rodder
My A3 just nuked itself. It was locked up and would not respond to the remote control, the web interface or my USB keyboard.
It was still playing a TV channel but was unresponsive otherwise.

I had no other choice but to pull the power cord on it.

Three times it stuck on "boot" and after waiting like 10 minutes each attempt I finally unplugged to for 15 minutes.

When I plugged it back in it came up and said "UPGRADING" and I could not stop it from this.

It then came up with a screen that said the UID was corrupted and that I should erase my data.

IMG_3224.jpg IMG_3225.jpg

It forced me through what appeared to be the setup routine for a brand new machine, asking me questions about language and such.
When it finally let me past that it was WIPED.

All the American stuff is completely gone, it freaking reset itself back to the freaking EUROPEAN stuff and it is freaking RUINED AGAIN!

I DID NOT MESS WITH ANYTHING! THIS THING DID THIS ALL ON IT'S OWN !!!

My A3 has been rendered useless to me.

NOT BLOODY HAPPY...........

Bah humbug....

Not sure what could have caused the lock-up, but It will only take a few minutes to restore to the NORTH American ROM from the back-up of the original factory files. Once restored, you could install your user settings if they have been recently backed-up.

What exactly were you doing, watching, etc, right before the lock-up.
It is aggravating but at least it is an easy fix with your back-ups.

My A3 just nuked itself. ...

I don't own an A3 yet, but I am a software developer and have some general advice, if I may:

1) If you are using the development ROM then trouble is to be expected. It is probably not ready for release yet. Its for techies that like to experiment with the latest. My advice is to either switch back to a stable ROM, or wait for the next stable release, or report your problem on the developer forum.

2) Be happy that there are still developers actively working on the A3. For example, the GeoSatPro Micro HD still has bugs and there haven't been any new firmware releases in many months (at least none that I know of). I am not sure if/when there ever will be? And one of the bugs, the infamous 'boot loop' bug, requires either the purchasing of a cable to correct or sending the unit to SatelliteAV.

I agree that most people would be extremely frustrated and upset with what has happened to you. I hope things get better. Best of luck.

Reactions: pwrsurge