AMIKO Amiko A3 Owners Thread

Did you install LibreELEC on the Cheap Chinese Android Media Player or something else? Is it possible to apply the same measure to the Amiko A3?

The cheap Android media player. I don't know whether anything could be done with the A3, it would depend on what CPU it uses and whether the I/O port configuration matches any other box that's already supported, but I would guess that support for satellite functions would probably not exist.

Anyone interested in an A2 and an A3 let me know. The A2 works fine but time to upgrade to more modern stuff. Shipping charge only. And don't forget the A2 is big.

I don't think anyone should spend money on an Amiko A3. There are much cheaper and better DVB-S2 receivers that are much more stable and reliable.

I could not agree more.
Just put one of them in the trash bin as it was not that great of a receiver.
Way too many other less expensive receivers with much better capabilities out there.

It seems they have disabled\discontinued the Firmware update and Spark store features. I'm ran a NAND recovery again today which defaulted to Ver. 72, and when I clicked on Update, it says no update found. The "Spark App Store" just times out without populating the window with any apps.

It seems they have disabled\discontinued the Firmware update and Spark store features. I'm ran a NAND recovery again today which defaulted to Ver. 72, and when I clicked on Update, it says no update found. The "Spark App Store" just times out without populating the window with any apps.
I was messing with this last night. I too thought the same, but after a couple of tries it worked but all that is there is .78. I think they must have their server setup on something other than before...that can't handle as much traffic as before(just a guess).

Reactions: Babadem
I was messing with this last night. I too thought the same, but after a couple of tries it worked but all that is there is .78. I think they must have their server setup on something other than before...that can't handle as much traffic as before(just a guess).
Thanks, for the update. I will check again.

Yep, I confirm. I am trying it again right now and the updater is not working. :(

Reactions: Babadem
Some people have had bad experiences with the A3. There are also several of us that have not had bad experiences. Did some get bad units? Don't know. I think all you can find as for A3's in North America are used ones. I just recently picked a SAB from across the Atlantic and I am very pleased with it. It is an A3 with a different name on it. Will be posting a review in the next few days.

Would suggest looking over the various receivers specs and deciding what you want after that. Nothing is perfect, or maybe better stated... what is perfect for Fred isn't perfect for Suzy.

The pickings are slim for currently available and reliable boxes. Most people here like the XSquared X2 HD M1 or M1+.
Some of the others that people here were trying out here and were generally stable and decently capable but have been excommunicated and are not to be discussed here due to their theft of service capabilities. I don't think anyone knew that at the time. They are good boxes but you're on your own here for those ones.

Still not working for me.

I had to do a Low Level Reset on my A3 this weekend, it locked up and I couldn't get it to reboot or finish a cache and data erase. I wiped and restored to ver .60 but could not get any automatic updates to work. I loaded .78 from the Amiko Dropbox link in this forum and restored from an earlier backup (the Amiko Americas A3 backup loaded right up). I was able to get the Advanced Sat Installation app too. The FDroid app appears useless now; isn't that just a server holding "favored" apps for download? Anyway, it seems like our support options are limited to the files and instructions we have documented here.

Don't get me wrong. I still prefer the A3 and it is my main FTA box. I find it excruciating to swing the BUD with another receiver because the A3 will stop itself when it hits the signal. That is enough for me to deal with the occasional reset when it locks up. really, the restore only takes a matter of minutes now that I have the sd card standing by ready to go.

I had to do a Low Level Reset on my A3 this weekend, it locked up and I couldn't get it to reboot or finish a cache and data erase. I wiped and restored to ver .60 but could not get any automatic updates to work. I loaded .78 from the Amiko Dropbox link in this forum and restored from an earlier backup (the Amiko Americas A3 backup loaded right up). I was able to get the Advanced Sat Installation app too. The FDroid app appears useless now; isn't that just a server holding "favored" apps for download? Anyway, it seems like our support options are limited to the files and instructions we have documented here.

Don't get me wrong. I still prefer the A3 and it is my main FTA box. I find it excruciating to swing the BUD with another receiver because the A3 will stop itself when it hits the signal. That is enough for me to deal with the occasional reset when it locks up. really, the restore only takes a matter of minutes now that I have the sd card standing by ready to go.
Could you point me to the Amiko DropBox Link?

If someone is looking for an Amiko A3, I have a new unit still in the box with all the extras that I would sell.
I bought 2 and still play with one at times..It has the original firmware still on it. all I have done lately was
turn it on to see what firmware was on it..I paid 149.00 for it but would sell it far less . I also have the Amiko A2
that's used but in great shape if someone wants to buy it..I really haven't thought about pricing on either or shipping
just asking if they are still desired.I guess I got a good unit on the A3, I haven't had the problems with it like some folks.