AMIKO Amiko HD 265 mini Have few channels with sound but no images.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

prodao

Original poster
Feb 9, 2022
canada
Recently try the Amiko Mini HD265.
Upgraded to the latest firmware.
I'm able to get channel list and description.
Sound on few channels but no images.
Any ideas what settings should I changed?

What firmware version did you have?
What firmware version did you upgrade to?
Where did you get the firmware?
What procedure did you follow to upgrade the firmware?

What satellite? Tell us more about your setup?

What are the frequencies, symbol rates, etc. that you are getting channels on, and what are the names that scan in. What is the name of the channel that you do get video/audio. Doesn't sound like you are on 97w (99w, maybe?).

Reactions: FTA4PA
Took the firmware from https://estsatellite.com/ Februrary version.
I upgraded using usb drive function All SW + Bootlog.
Satelite 97.0W
thanks
Sounds like you did it correctly then. I just download and tested that firmware to make sure something strange didn't happen in the upload and works here. I can't fully test right now though. I will have to test better later.
I assume things were working fine before you did the upgrade? Have you changed anything else? That firmware BTW is the same version as the previous one, it just has some satellite names changes, etc.
Did you make a backup before upgrading? That way you can fall back.

Sounds like you did it correctly then. I just download and tested that firmware to make sure something strange didn't happen in the upload and works here. I can't fully test right now though. I will have to test better later.
I assume things were working fine before you did the upgrade? Have you changed anything else? That firmware BTW is the same version as the previous one, it just has some satellite names changes, etc.
Did you make a backup before upgrading? That way you can fall back.
Brand new HD265, never succeed to make it works, but i think, I'm really close to have it works properly. I will try another firmware version just to see.

Brand new HD265, never succeed to make it works, but i think, I'm really close to have it works properly. I will try another firmware version just to see.
Well if you have never succeeded in making it work and you upgraded firmware(which you didn't need to do), but you did it properly. My guess is the receiver is fine. :)
You need to work on getting your setup done and dish aimed properly. :)

Agree with others. Sounds like your receiver is fine. Likely the dish is not pointed at 97w but at some other satellite. Remember, when you do a scan of 97w the receiver doesn't care if you are actually pointed at that satellite. It will happily scan and store channels even if you are aimed at another sat. I would work on making sure the dish is dialed in to 97w. Adjustments must be done in tiny increments. A fraction of an inch off will be the difference between getting the sat you want, another sat or nothing at all. Good luck and post back if you need additional help!

P.S. What method are you using to aim your dish (compass and angle finder, phone app, etc)?

you are right, i was on the wrong Sattelite. My dish is pointed to nimiq 91W which I would like to keep, I tried using the setting from the latest update with 91w ku . still the same. I see images on all channels without dollar sign. and sound on few channels. example channel frequency 12362 V 19999 sound only. thanks again

you are right, i was on the wrong Sattelite. My dish is pointed to nimiq 91W which I would like to keep, I tried using the setting from the latest update with 91w ku . still the same. I see images on all channels without dollar sign. and sound on few channels. example channel frequency 12362 V 19999 sound only. thanks again

The Nimiq 6 at 91w is a pay service sat for Bell Canada. Nothing is in the clear as far as I know other than maybe the audio of a few channels. If you are seeing any channels they are on Galaxy 17 on 91w. That had a few channels open plus there are feeds that pop up fairly often. :)

Last edited:
The Nimiq 6 at 91w is a pay service sat for Bell Canada. Nothing is in the clear as far as I know other than maybe the audio of a few channels. If you are seeing any channels they are on Galaxy 17. That had a few channels open plus there are feeds that pop up fairly often. :)
Ok thanks, I will change my settings then.

You have to physically move the dish to 97W. This is not like a TV antenna, where if you are close to the station, you can just aim it in the general direction. There are many threads on aiming your dish here, search will be your friend. If it is still confusing, though we will be glad to help. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)