AMIKO Amiko Mini HD SE install difficulties

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WC4MBC

Original poster
Aug 31, 2014
I just purchased an Amiko Mini HD SE and an Amiko L-104 PLL lnbf from member gotcband to replace an older unit and lnbf. I took out the old lnbf and switch and inserted the Amiko L-104. Inside I plugged in the Mini HD SE and turned it on. No signal. No quality (one tiny bar that I think stays there regardless). I’ve tried to follow the instruction video but still nothing. Even moving the dish across the arc yields nothing. The motor moves so I presume the coax is good. I’ve since been informed to use the Universal lnbf setting on the receiver but am not sure what LO frequency to set. No matter what I try, there is no change. And what is meant by “legacy output” on the lnbf sticker? It’s been five years since my original installation. I’ve forgotten most of it since then.

Can someone please walk me, step-by-step, through the installation and include details or point me to such a detailed tutorial? Thank you very much. I got out of FTA for a few years and, after reading a lot on satelliteguys.us, am excited to re-discover what’s up there. I’m in Nashville.

Current configuration:
Fortec Star dish (I think 90cm)
Amiko L-104 lnbf
Digipower 2100 motor
Amiko Mini HD SE stb

Does your lnbf setting look like this?
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1409536881.387775.jpg

And I believe your old lnbf was working the day you removed and replaced with the l104?

Was the older units working before you switched out, I mean like recently? I'd say it is a LO not set right. Wally showed you where it needs to be.

Did you set your long and lat, in the new Mini?

Thank you, gentlemen, for the information. Changing the LO frequency got the bars there. And I was able to scan G19. Now, do you recommend USALS or DiSEqC for the positioner setting? The video narrator used USALS so I tried it. And I did set the local longitude and latitude. Moving to 125, though, the dish stopped at 121. Finally (for this post), are all the FTA transponders I'd want already programmed into the Mini HD or do I need to add some to the various satellites? I'm going to work on re-peaking the dish this week, too. Again, I so appreciate your helpful replies. FTA for me is like the video version of shortwave radio. So many different cultures to explore.

I would use USALS mainly, but on the ends of the arc use DiSEqC.
No you will have to re-scan once in awhile as things change time to time.
Also if you are hunting for wild feeds you will want to scan daily. Just remember to go in and delete the wild ones once they are gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts