AMIKO Amiko Nano HD vs Mini HD

Those are not even the same chipset and the check should stop it from flashing. If for some reason it doesn't, you'd brick the box by putting wrong FW on it.

Reactions: KE4EST
Yeah, I don't think you would do any good to try, and it would fail.

Tnx for the input, guys. In checking back, I find that I was comparing the wrong 2 receivers. I should have said has anyone tried the firmware for the Micro HD on the Nano HD? They have to many different ones I got mixed up. E_V

So, the question is: Has anyone tried the firmware for the Micro HD on the Nano HD?

Still same either way, will not work. Two different chip-sets.

Picked up mini HD it's just that.......... NOT a SE
with a ali 3606 chip

anyone got one ?
got a good firmware and sat list ?

Thought it was a SE when I bought it lol

went here got some tools and a firmware. got the firmware to load. but I'm no good at editing channels with the xml and the channel editor. 2 hours pissed away I just suck.
http://amikoreceiver.com/tools-for-amiko/

thanks for reading

If I am not mistaken the satellite list will transfer between the reg and and SE.
Ask fred555, he should have a mostly current list for NA.

Reactions: madmadworld
Got this little box from Italy the fellow had 3334 channels.....wow

I do have the Channel Editor for that box, should make it much easier to make your own channel list then save as the default. Just enter the Sats, blindscan to get the transponders.

PM me if you want it.​

Reactions: madmadworld
I have used the firmware for the Micro HD on my NANO HD receiver and it works just fine. My question now is when did they rename the NANO HD to MICRO HD????? They don't list a NANO hd on their list now at all. This is not an SE model!!!!

The original name of this Amiko receiver was MicroHD but since the GEOSATpro microHD was already on the market, Joe at FridgeFTA renamed it to NanoHD when he began importing it for sale in the Americas. That avoided any confusion between the two receivers.

Reactions: Magic Static
Yep, if you look at your "nano" you will see he took a sharpie to the word micro. There never was such a thing as a nano as far as Amiko the company is concerned. Just the micro.