An easy answer to this mess....revolt

I'm sticking with the MPEG2 equipment that I have now, and am very happy with it. I am going to be purchasing a 942, since I am already signed up for the old HD pack, I will be able to recieve the old HD pack on the 942 even though it will be activated after 2/1.

No upgrade for me due to the requirement of the additional 18 month commitment in combination with the fee for the privilege to upgrade Dish Network owned and provided equipment that I already pay monthly lease fees on.

I'm standing pat with my 942 and HDpak until sometime after April and depending on when my locals arrive in HD and whatever else E* may add to HD besides the Food channel (sheesh)... I'd like to have UHD, ESPN2HD and the additional new Voom channels, but I can't justify $300 for the 622 that isn't ready for prime time yet, plus the absurd price they're asking for a few more HD channels.

I just bought and activated 942 last week to replace my 522. 90% of my viewing is OTA locals and the very few others that I'd like in HD don't justify the price, hassle or commitment required of the 622. I believe these 942 'paperweights' will go up in value like the 508 did once they become scarce. Sure the short run will show them falling in price due to the glut but in a year or so..... Not everyone wants everything in HD. Locals in HD are stellar and the upconverted SD is pretty darn good.

I don't think its a lack of balls, I think each person should make the decision thats best for them. If they want to upgrade and have the financial means, then let them upgrade. If they want to wait or jump ship, fine too. Why does everyone have to not like the upgrade because you don't. BALLS don't have anything to do with it. Everyone doesn't share your opinion, thats all.:)

David

Unless the terms change I will drop dish when they cut off my 811. I've compared the new HD packs with my local cable and cable is cheaper for me and they offer working Firewire connections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)