An ebay find of mine from last night.

RockinHARD26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 10, 2007
Delaware
While I was searching on ebay last night, I found the following:

500 GIG sata Western Digital - eBay (item 120205287940 end time Jan-02-08 20:50:14 PST)

Listing is:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Used for less than a day, came out of a working Dishnetwork 722,

I guarantee it to work or I will refund you 100% of the item and shipping cost.
It worked in the box just fine, it still has a warantee,
I am unable to test this since I only have a laptop but if it dont work,

simple contact me and I will refund you.
Date code is Aug 27th 2007
model is WD5000AAJS
500 GIG SATA

What do you guys think about this seller? Can they legally sell a hard drive from a 722? Also, do you think this an ebay buyer beware because the drive became corrupt?

(also, this is the 2nd time I posted this question, my first post was deleted. If someone needs to delete this post, please tell me why!)

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
It was probably deleted since it looks a bit like spam. But I would guess the DVR was stolen, and they just took out the hard drive. The 722 with the drive would be much more valuable to sell.

If you buy your own 722 (and not lease it from Dish) you can take out the hard drive and sell it on ebay... Nothing like taking apart something worth hundreds of dollars and selling a part of it for $50. I would say it is stolen.

RockinHARD26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 10, 2007
Delaware
Okay, I'm actually the buyer of the auction and emailed the seller a few times. They have yet to get back to me. I just wanted to see what you people thought, before I pay.

Do you think, I should get it or no?

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
As a dealer I have run into this every once and a while. We have a customer for whatver reason did not pay their bill and their account gets disconnected for non-payment.

We contact the customer to get the equipment back, and sometimes the customer gives us a problem and sometimes they do not.

But occasionally what will happen for whatever reason the customer thinks they are a smart ass and will remove the hard drive before they give us the receiver back, either to screw us over for taking it back or because they think they can download the shows to their computer.

We then get the unit, see there is no hard drive and have to go back to the customer and either ask them to give it back or pay for it.

The guy probably removed it thinking he can download the shows, and since its encrypted and he cannot do anything with it decided to sell it on ebay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts