Dish lied to me need help.

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
ok here's the short story. We have had dish for 16 months ( 2 months left in contract). We love it but we just sold our house because we are building a new one. So the new house is not done yet so we had to find an apartment real quick. It doesn't have a view of the southern sky which sucks but it's only temp. ok so here's what happened. I called dish on dec 21 and explained the situation to a csr. I told her I wanted to keep dish network in our new house but wanted to put the account on vaca mode for a couple of months. She said no problem. She noted that I had two months to go but would waive that. We get all the way through until she said it had to be disconnected that day. We didn't move until the 28th so I wanted to keep service for a couple days I was just planning ahead. She said ok no problem she would make the notes on the account so I could call in and it would be in there. So on the 28th I called in and guess what...I talked to 5 diffierent csr's and they all said they couldn't find anything in the system and they would not waive the contract to put it in vacation mode! I called back and got same response. It's not like I want to get out of my contract only suspend my account until I can actually watch it since my apartment cant even get it. What are my options? I fired an email to executivecustomer service but should I just terminate the contract? Is it still 13 bucks or so a month penalty so I could just pay the last two months since it would be cheaper than paying 60 bucks for two months with no service? it really ticks me off that I was lied too! Might as well get directv in our new home with more hd so its a win win for me.

are you sure you were lied to, or only heard what 'YOU' wanted to hear. I find thats usually the dealio! And........I am not a csr, or tsr.

They should be able be able to put you in vacation mode even under contract. They just suspend your contract out. They did that with me anyway.

Last time i moved, i recorded all phone conversations with various companies. When Ma Bell screwed up big time they denied everything. Even denied the date of service transfer and said it was not scheduled for another week. When I got a supervisor on the phone and insisted she listen to the entire recording including the part where the csr promised 3 times i could keep my phone number. After that they did activate the line that day and gave me 12 months of free number forwarding because they had to assign me a new phone number. My honest opinion was that the csr didn't have a clue how to do her job and when she finally found out she could not let me keep my phone number, so much time had gone by that she could no longer switch the line on the date promised. And rather than admit her mistake, she just cleaned up the record to make it look like nothing happened. AND, before somebody brings it up; if they inform you while you are on hold that the call may be recorded for customer service purposes, they just opened the door for you to record the call without giving them any notice.

Funny thing about everyone referring ceo email, I haven't even gotten a response to my last 2-3 issues sent there and I'm a 10 year customer. I think that address is worthless at this point.

Brian

People were warned, noone listened. Now nothing but fluff issues are sent to that address. It's hardly better than calling. *shrug* I don't know how many warnings people need. There are people that explicitly exist for those once in a lifetime problems (no, not the CEO address) that honestly deserve exceptional help, but sooner or later that info is given out.

You'll get an answer, but expect a minimum 2-3 day wait. They were hit pretty hard during Christmas.

Why get the CEO's office involved over $26? Pay the $26 for the 2 month cancellation fee and be done with it.

When you go to the winback department and tell them you want to cancel, you can then be a smart ass and tell them they made you do it because they would not let you do DISH Pause.

However with all that said, this is all really assinine if you ask me. I have seen too many accounts where they will remove the committment to let customers go into DISH pause, or even offer then $10 off for 10 months just to keep them as a customer. Sad thing is that they will bend over backwards for some deadbeat who had not even established a good payment history, and here we have a customer who has shown a good payment history for 16 months and they want to give you a hassle.

Since your paid in advance with DISH anyways, they will probably owe you money back when you cancel and serves them right for loosing a good customer!

When you move in the new house, setup the account in the wifes name or go to Directv :)

ok here's the short story. We have had dish for 16 months ( 2 months left in contract). We love it but we just sold our house because we are building a new one. So the new house is not done yet so we had to find an apartment real quick. It doesn't have a view of the southern sky which sucks but it's only temp. ok so here's what happened. I called dish on dec 21 and explained the situation to a csr. I told her I wanted to keep dish network in our new house but wanted to put the account on vaca mode for a couple of months. She said no problem. She noted that I had two months to go but would waive that. We get all the way through until she said it had to be disconnected that day. We didn't move until the 28th so I wanted to keep service for a couple days I was just planning ahead. She said ok no problem she would make the notes on the account so I could call in and it would be in there. So on the 28th I called in and guess what...I talked to 5 diffierent csr's and they all said they couldn't find anything in the system and they would not waive the contract to put it in vacation mode! I called back and got same response. It's not like I want to get out of my contract only suspend my account until I can actually watch it since my apartment cant even get it. What are my options? I fired an email to executivecustomer service but should I just terminate the contract? Is it still 13 bucks or so a month penalty so I could just pay the last two months since it would be cheaper than paying 60 bucks for two months with no service? it really ticks me off that I was lied too! Might as well get directv in our new home with more hd so its a win win for me.

I have started to use chat almost exclusively to document all of my dealings with dish. At the end of the chat I copy the entire conversation and save it for future reference.

I have talked to way too many CSRs that don't seem to know what they are doing to take anything for granted with Dish.

Dish, by far, is the worst customer service experience I have ever had.

People were warned, noone listened. Now nothing but fluff issues are sent to that address.
Yeap, people were given that e-mail address and told to use it for the most petty issues and hopefully the folks at that level either use their DELETE key frequently or they have a form response of "Please call customer service...".

before somebody brings it up; if they inform you while you are on hold that the call may be recorded for customer service purposes, they just opened the door for you to record the call without giving them any notice.

Actually in almost every state as long as you are one of the parties involved in the conversation you can record any call without any notice at all.

No I wish I had recorded it though. I do this with verizon and always play the tape back to them when they try to screw me around.

Thanks for the reply. Ya I don't think it's worth any worries if to get out of my contract is only 26 bucks. cheaper than keeping my programming active. It just sucks that I'm not trying to wiggle out of my contract and I actually like dish just can't get it for a couple months. However your right, if they wont budge I will just sign up for directv in a couple months. But I will miss dish and the dvr guide. From now on I am going to record all conversations. It just feels like a slap in the face when they have such lucid rules and policies and don't apply them equilly. owell im over it.

Why get the CEO's office involved over $26? Pay the $26 for the 2 month cancellation fee and be done with it.

When you go to the winback department and tell them you want to cancel, you can then be a smart ass and tell them they made you do it because they would not let you do DISH Pause.

However with all that said, this is all really assinine if you ask me. I have seen too many accounts where they will remove the committment to let customers go into DISH pause, or even offer then $10 off for 10 months just to keep them as a customer. Sad thing is that they will bend over backwards for some deadbeat who had not even established a good payment history, and here we have a customer who has shown a good payment history for 16 months and they want to give you a hassle.

Since your paid in advance with DISH anyways, they will probably owe you money back when you cancel and serves them right for loosing a good customer!

When you move in the new house, setup the account in the wifes name or go to Directv :)

You simply need to call customer service and ask for a supervisor and insist that the csr get a supervisor on the line for you. I assure you that they will be able to get dish pause instituted on your account for the 2 months or whatever time frame you need and worst case scenario you will have 2 months remaining on your contract when you re-activate your service. It is not that difficult to do you simply need to take the proper steps and speak to the right person it is not rocket science. I have the ability to call retailer services but it is a toll call and of course you can even get 3 different scenarios if you speak with 3 different people at retail services so it is a patience and diligence matter.!sadroll

I think the point is why should a customer have to chase down this thing over and over again with one clueless and could-care less CSR after another. Or then have to email the CEo's office. Dish has shown by their actions that they don't want nor cherish his business. So piss on 'em. Pay the $26 bucks and go on with your life.
I'm really beginning to think that what many of us need to do is go back to the 1950's, put up at OTA and tell E*,D* and cable to get bent. Maybe if enough of us do this, they'll finally wake up from their customer cash induced gorging and start to realize that THEY need us more than WE need them. (And i know that this will never happen either :( )

I did customer service for 2 1/2 years for a major car rental outfit. You only have two options.

1. Contact Customer Service and ask to speak to a manager taking names the whole way. If the manager does nothing ask to speak to her boss. If her boss does nothing ask to go higher (ex. The president's desk). Keep cool and never "ask" to speak to someone. Politely but firmly tell them you would like to speak to someone higher taking names, dates, and times all the way up. You will most likely get something for your trouble but it takes some footwork.

Option 2: Write the whole thing off and go with Direct TV. (C band if you never want this issue again!)

-Ray

"sometimes it is completely necessary to kill a fly with a sledgehammer."

Psalms 73

Actually in almost every state as long as you are one of the parties involved in the conversation you can record any call without any notice at all.

That's not true in every state, so you need to check your state's laws on this. In Washington, it is a felony to record a conversation unless both parties are made aware of it at the beginning, and the announcement that the conversation is being recorded is part of the recording.

In Texas as long as ONE of the parties knows that they are taping the conversation it is perfectly legal. So I can tape anyone I want to because I know I 'm doing it. Maybe that is why the president thinks he can do the same on a national basis, since he is from Texas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)